X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kollerkrot
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This was supposed to turn into a knock down drag out cat fight. What a monumental disappointment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was sort of glad it didn't, for a change. LOL!! Where did it all come from? I happen to believe in God, so I shouldn't reply to this since it was directed to atheists; however, my question is what does it matter? What if solid proof can be found that God did indeed create the universe? The non-believers will more than likely remain non-believers. The believers will be more steadfast in their beliefs, but nothing will change. So, what's the point? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking about that too. Our innate sense tells us to keep looking and find out more and more and we all do it to the best of our knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• Kollerkrot
    replied
    Oops...someone took the ball and left the court. She couldn't win....now she is not going to play anymore. I don't think Atheist will ever be able to win, because they are up against too many.

Or, maybe it was because her momma called.

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This was supposed to turn into a knock down drag out cat fight. What a monumental disappointment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was sort of glad it didn't, for a change. LOL!! Where did it all come from? I happen to believe in God, so I shouldn't reply to this since it was directed to atheists; however, my question is what does it matter? What if solid proof can be found that God did indeed create the universe? The non-believers will more than likely remain non-believers. The believers will be more steadfast in their beliefs, but nothing will change. So, what's the point?

Leave a comment:

• Kollerkrot
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
    It really is unfortunate that all of mankind descended into Darkest of Middle Ages in the matter of two or three decades.

Who would think back in the 70s or 80s that adult people who consider themselves educated would be making such nonsense statements or arguments as many of you do here.

Sigh...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 80s. I remember "I am Gumby, dammit!" Eddy Murphy on SNL. Or, "I took Latin in school!" A comment Dan Quayle made while visiting Latin America.

But, analogous to the Agricultural Revolution and Industrial Revolution, the Digital Revolution marked the beginning of the Information Age. Central to this revolution is the mass production and widespread use of digital logic circuits, and its derived technologies, including the computer, digital cellular phone, and fax machine.

...and this here is the culprit. .....an economy based on the manipulation of information.

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can you provide us with this evidence Proud? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just type in "evidence of Evolution" in your Google search box when you have some spare time, 4Now.

For IP, there are many of us who believe in God who aren't bible thumping churchgoers. I, for one, don't feel it necessary to congregate each Sunday to talk to God. I can do that any time I wish and don't need to go through a third party to confess my sins. I've always considered that part of the Catholic religion to be overkill. And, many of the Bible thumping churchgoers are complete hypocrites by not practicing what they preach.

I don't have a problem with atheists. It is their choice to not believe in God and has nothing to do with me. I'm open minded on the subject and not one to go around pushing religion on anyone, nor do I want it pushed on me. There's middle ground and I guess that's where I stand on most things.

Leave a comment:

• 4now
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iperson:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    I believe the alternative would be evolution. I've struggled from time to time to try and understand how we could be descendents of both God and apes. The theories don't mesh (at least in my mind), but I choose to believe there is a God and must be an explanation for the theory of evolution as well. There's too much scientific proof that evolution did occur. Is it un-Christian to believe in both theories? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are not descendant from apes, this is a mistake scientists made in the past. We are a separate species like all the rest of the natural world that evolved from a separate unique ancestor. This is quite brand new finding of the recent couple years.
    And evolution, Proudie is not a theory, it is a scientific FACT. Live with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hallelujah Iperson!! Congratulations on aceepting what I told you a few years back. Thanks God that you stopped believing those mistruths about man and apes.

<span class="ev_code_RED">@ Proud</span>

You seem confused Proud. Humans are not [i]decendents [i]of God or apes. The supreme being created (man) as an inteligent design as also the creation of the animals, plants and all things herein.

You also say that "There is too much scientific evidence that evolution did occur"

Can you provide us with this evidence Proud?

hint: first one has to define what definition of evolution they are using to be able to have a valid argument or conversation. Many times people are arguing about the wrong thing.

Iperson has defined her definition of evolution, and it is a far cry different than her original definition.
    <span class="ev_code_RED">here from this quote below</span>
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Again, evolution is a study of changes in the organic world on planet earth, not of the universe. You set up so many reasonably sounding straw men for argument sake that the content doesn't have any real backing in reality. I can tell you have no real knowledge of the TOE, String Theory, logical scientific deduction, etc. otherwise you wouldn't be believing in a God.
    And no, I don't need your God. I am doing fine without a Sky F.a.i.r. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_RED">NOw, iperson keeps confusing supreme being argument with religion Iperson, you have already admitted that you believe in a supreme force, so why do you keep equating organized religions and the bible in the mix?</span>

Leave a comment:

• OldE
    replied
    It really is unfortunate that all of mankind descended into Darkest of Middle Ages in the matter of two or three decades.

Who would think back in the 70s or 80s that adult people who consider themselves educated would be making such nonsense statements or arguments as many of you do here.

Sigh......

Leave a comment:

• Kollerkrot
    replied
    I actually liked the thread. I am not saying that proving that an intelligent designer exists or doesn't exist hasn't been an issue for as long as humanity existed. It is educational to me to listen to what everyone has to say about the issue. I actually think God doesn't mind at all that we are critical with physical or scientific matters or with him personally as they pertain to the issue. It will only help us to sort out what's really true in the end.

We, that's me included, most likely all had doubts at some points in our lives. So, I think it is acceptable to be critical until you are able to make that decision. This is what I like so much about the Bible it doesn't tell you what to believe until you truly made up your mind. Once that is done, it really, really talks to you. I am critical of the organized church and how it proclaims I have to believe in God. I am also critical of atheists and how they proclaim how I don't have to believe in God.

However, if you'd go around proclaiming "God is not Great!", and, thereby actually accepting that he does exists but denying him onto others - I think you'll have it coming.

Leave a comment:

• Rough Neighbor
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iperson:
    I am sorry if I offended you and you take it personally, but you need to understand my point of view.
    Any talk about God, a repeated one on top of that, I view as personally offensive to my intelligence, and I simply do not take well to proselytizing. I view such people as deeply ignorant, bible thumpers and I cannot find anything in common with them.
    So, let's end it right here while we're still fairly civil. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a level playing field, is it not? That ilw.com is unmoderated is an added perquisite I suppose. You've got all the liberty to defend your position just as others who disagree with you have theirs. Don't blame me if I use offense sometimes as a defensive tool. You can't claim innocence in doing that either. Piece of advice, an intelligence that's easily offended means it's wanting or altogether non-existent. Having said that, I'm waiting for you to show me what you really got. C'mon, don't be shy. I'm here waiting. Silence would mean that your accusation of me being immature, insecure, and childish would come back to you by default.

Leave a comment:

• Kollerkrot
    replied
    I am sorry if I offended you and you take it personally, but you need to understand my point of view.
    Any talk about God, a repeated one on top of that, I view as personally offensive to my intelligence, and I simply do not take well to proselytizing. I view such people as deeply ignorant, bible thumpers and I cannot find anything in common with them.
    So, let's end it right here while we're still fairly civil. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I accept your apology. This just as an FYI: Paul Klee's credo: "I cannot be grasped in the here and now, for my dwelling place is as much among the dead, as the yet unborn, slightly closer to the heart of creation than usual, but still not close enough.

I thought this very interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Kollerkrot
    replied
    If you really believe there is a God, Rough Neighbor, there is nothing I can talk to you about.
    Only crazy or ignorant people believe in God, just didn't anticipate you belonged to them as well. That puts a big question mark over everything you've said over the course your posting at ilw, basically invalidating a lot of your statements.
    I'm sorry I'm not going to waste my time dealing with immature insecure childish people. On this forum, this is the only way to talk to people like you, without going into complexities. I am not going into deep discussions with limited brains. Forget it, sorry.

Again, evolution is a study of changes in the organic world on planet earth, not of the universe. You set up so many reasonably sounding straw men for argument sake that the content doesn't have any real backing in reality. I can tell you have no real knowledge of the TOE, String Theory, logical scientific deduction, etc. otherwise you wouldn't be believing in a God.
    And no, I don't need your God. I am doing fine without a Sky F.a.i.r.y. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How was it that you were able to support President Obama? He is an avid believer. Plus, I am angry at you, I take stuff like that very personal - you calling me crazy, ignorant and childish.

String Theory

Leave a comment:

• Rough Neighbor
    replied
    And you're a simple tranny, and enough of it.

Leave a comment:

• federale86
    replied
    And RN is still just a little bit g.ay...well, alot g.ay...no, completely g.ay.

Leave a comment:

• Rough Neighbor
    replied
    No answer?

Ladies and gentlemen, I have a very important announcement to make.

Iperson is officially an idiot.

Ah no, that's too harsh.

For the record, I'm taking that statement back.

Leave a comment:

• Rough Neighbor
    replied
    And another oh, I thought you said you won? Why is it that when I'm just testing if you really did, you cower from facing this very interesting topic with me here and now?

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation