X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kollerkrot
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
    Only people who are not absolutely confident or unaware of their superior intelligence need to be complimented on their mental proves. That excludes me, since i know for a fact that i am a great genious.

You will find those fishing to be called smart among pointedly unassuming ones, those who tirelessly flatter your ego by insinserely diminishing their own. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or perhaps inflate their own by insulting others? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While being a great genius i am also a man capable of employing common sense and logic when necessary, and both tell me i can not get a praise and be told how smart i am by stating obvious, which is that i am a great genius whose intellignece by far is noticeably and illustrously superior to all whom i come accross of on this forum.

Now why would i say that if i was fishing for a compliment? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well then, what have you accomplished. How many books have you written? How many inventions can you call your own? Let's hear let's find out.

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    Only people who are not absolutely confident or unaware of their superior intelligence need to be complimented on their mental proves. That excludes me, since i know for a fact that i am a great genious.

You will find those fishing to be called smart among pointedly unassuming ones, those who tirelessly flatter your ego by insinserely diminishing their own. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While being a great genius i am also a man capable of employing common sense and logic when necessary, and both tell me i can not get a praise and be told how smart i am by stating obvious, which is that i am a great genius whose intellignece by far is noticeably and illustrously superior to all whom i come accross of on this forum.

Now why would i say that if i was fishing for a compliment? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just curious to know why you think you have superior intelligence to any members on the forum? Sometimes, people who think they are superior are really inferior with huge ego problems.

Leave a comment:

• OldE
    replied

Now why would i say that if i was fishing for a compliment?

Leave a comment:

• OldE
    replied
    No worries here. Geniouses can carry on even on one leg, like Nicolo Paganini could play a violin with one string.

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    I guess even geniouses need to consult with Webster's sometimes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have got that right. We geniouses are far above such petty trivial tasks as worrying about our grammar and doing spell checking. We leave such to lesser mortals and concern ourselves with the enssence instead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Concern yourselves with what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did you a favor and corrected it for you this time.
    Next time do it yourself, woman ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I'd rather see a man correct his own mistakes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, next time you will have to do it on your own, and there are plenty of spelling mistakes i will make, that i can guarantee you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No worries. I was just pulling your leg. Carry on.

Leave a comment:

• OldE
    replied
    I guess even geniouses need to consult with Webster's sometimes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have got that right. We geniouses are far above such petty trivial tasks as worrying about our grammar and doing spell checking. We leave such to lesser mortals and concern ourselves with the enssence instead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I'd rather see a man correct his own mistakes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, next time you will have to do it on your own, and there are plenty of spelling mistakes i will make, that i can guarantee you.

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied

No, I'd rather see a man correct his own mistakes.

Leave a comment:

• OldE
    replied

Next time do it yourself, woman !

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied

Concern yourselves with what?

Leave a comment:

• OldE
    replied

You have got that right. We geniouses are far above such petty trivial tasks as worrying about our grammar and doing spell checks. We leave such to lesser mortals and concern ourselves with the essence instead.

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied

I guess even geniouses need to consult with Webster's sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This was supposed to turn into a knock down drag out cat fight. What a monumental disappointment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was sort of glad it didn't, for a change. LOL!! Where did it all come from? I happen to believe in God, so I shouldn't reply to this since it was directed to atheists; however, my question is what does it matter? What if solid proof can be found that God did indeed create the universe? The non-believers will more than likely remain non-believers. The believers will be more steadfast in their beliefs, but nothing will change. So, what's the point? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking about that too. Our innate sense tells us to keep looking and find out more and more and we all do it to the best of our knowledge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand we never stop searching for more information, but I have to say that if there was finite proof with no question that God doesn't exist, I would still believe in him. Finding out anything different will not affect my life whatsoever and I expect that's the same for most people.

I can appreciate an atheist's point of view, though. There are many questions the Bible leaves us, as intelligent human beings. It's difficult to imagine we all came from two people when there are so many flavors of humans in the world. I just try not to question it.

Leave a comment:

• OldE
    replied

You will find those fishing to be called smart among pointedly unassuming ones, those who tirelessly flatter your ego by insinserely diminishing their own.

Leave a comment:

• OldE
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
    It really is unfortunate that all of mankind descended into Darkest of Middle Ages in the matter of two or three decades.

Who would think back in the 70s or 80s that adult people who consider themselves educated would be making such nonsense statements or arguments as many of you do here.

Sigh...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 80s. I remember "I am Gumby, dammit!" Eddy Murphy on SNL. Or, "I took Latin in school!" A comment Dan Quayle made while visiting Latin America.

But, analogous to the Agricultural Revolution and Industrial Revolution, the Digital Revolution marked the beginning of the Information Age. Central to this revolution is the mass production and widespread use of digital logic circuits, and its derived technologies, including the computer, digital cellular phone, and fax machine.

...and this here is the culprit. .....an economy based on the manipulation of information. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be ignorant, live in the Age of Talibans with millions of gadgets and computers surrounding yourself so you can fool yourself into believing it makes you any less of an ignorant you are.

Fist step towards enlightment is to recognize your own ignorance. With that not happening all doors will forever be shut to your mind.

But ignorance is a bliss, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Kollerkrot
    replied
    I think IP has no imagination. Poor thing.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation