HI SOMEONE12, FEDERALE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    I guess even geniouses need to consult with Webster's sometimes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have got that right. We geniouses are far above such petty trivial tasks as worrying about our grammar and doing spell checking. We leave such to lesser mortals and concern ourselves with the enssence instead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Concern yourselves with what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did you a favor and corrected it for you this time.
    Next time do it yourself, woman ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I'd rather see a man correct his own mistakes.

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
      I guess even geniouses need to consult with Webster's sometimes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have got that right. We geniouses are far above such petty trivial tasks as worrying about our grammar and doing spell checking. We leave such to lesser mortals and concern ourselves with the enssence instead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I'd rather see a man correct his own mistakes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, next time you will have to do it on your own, and there are plenty of spelling mistakes i will make, that i can guarantee you.
      http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:

No, I'd rather see a man correct his own mistakes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, next time you will have to do it on your own, and there are plenty of spelling mistakes i will make, that i can guarantee you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No worries. I was just pulling your leg. Carry on.

Comment

• No worries here. Geniouses can carry on even on one leg, like Nicolo Paganini could play a violin with one string.

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
            Only people who are not absolutely confident or unaware of their superior intelligence need to be complimented on their mental proves. That excludes me, since i know for a fact that i am a great genious.

You will find those fishing to be called smart among pointedly unassuming ones, those who tirelessly flatter your ego by insinserely diminishing their own. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or perhaps inflate their own by insulting others? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While being a great genius i am also a man capable of employing common sense and logic when necessary, and both tell me i can not get a praise and be told how smart i am by stating obvious, which is that i am a great genius whose intellignece by far is noticeably and illustrously superior to all whom i come accross of on this forum.

Now why would i say that if i was fishing for a compliment?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
              Only people who are not absolutely confident or unaware of their superior intelligence need to be complimented on their mental proves. That excludes me, since i know for a fact that i am a great genious.

You will find those fishing to be called smart among pointedly unassuming ones, those who tirelessly flatter your ego by insinserely diminishing their own. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While being a great genius i am also a man capable of employing common sense and logic when necessary, and both tell me i can not get a praise and be told how smart i am by stating obvious, which is that i am a great genius whose intellignece by far is noticeably and illustrously superior to all whom i come accross of on this forum.

Now why would i say that if i was fishing for a compliment? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just curious to know why you think you have superior intelligence to any members on the forum? Sometimes, people who think they are superior are really inferior with huge ego problems.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:

Now why would i say that if i was fishing for a compliment? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well then, what have you accomplished. How many books have you written? How many inventions can you call your own? Let's hear let's find out.
                “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just curious to know why you think you have superior intelligence to any members on the forum? Sometimes, people who think they are superior are really inferior with huge ego problems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? Mainly because i am a genius.

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
                    Well then, what have you accomplished. How many books have you written? How many inventions can you call your own? Let's hear let's find out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't have to write any books, get Pulitzer or Nobel prize or invent anything to be a genius i am.

If Leonardo died without writing a single page and making a single sketch he would still be a genius.

To be a genius and for genius to do something to be recognized as one is not one and the same thing, but i guess one has to be a genius to know it.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
                      Well then, what have you accomplished. How many books have you written? How many inventions can you call your own? Let's hear let's find out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't have to write any books, get Pulitzer or Nobel prize or invent anything to be a genius i am.

If Leonardo died without writing a single page and making a single sketch he would still be a genius.

To be a genius and for genius to do something to be recognized as one is not one and the same thing, but i guess one has to be a genius to know it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Somewhere over the rainbow...
                      Something awful...

I am a genius.
                      “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
                        I am a genius. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are a genius then why do you question my being a genius?

You are a complete fool, koller.

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                          Arguments do exist to support the atheist position. None were given though. On the other side of he aisle the positions taken were a bit wrinkled.

You can't argue the case using biblical quotes. That goes nowhere since the book itself is being questioned. It's too easily defeated and dismissed since it was written by men and to this day not understood. It's like arguing over two recipes when you have no idea what the ingredients are. With this being primarily a female exchange had to mention something they might understand, cooking & cleaning. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Science means knowledge, and true science always agrees with the observable evidence. Scientific research continues to unfold the wonders and mysteries of our universe. Interestingly, there is one book that has anticipated many of these scientific facts.

That book is the Bible.

In our zeal for the truth of Scripture, we must never forget its purpose which is to equip us to do good. As far as I'm concerned, I do not study God's Word simply to increase my knowledge or to prepare me to win arguments. I study it so that I will know how to do God's work. My knowledge of God's Word is not useful unless it strengthens my faith and leads me to do good.

This is my own personal guideline. I may inspire others, yet I don't impose it on anyone, even as I reserve that sovereign spot about me when such personal conviction is being questioned.

Many of scientific facts embodied within biblical verses were penned centuries before they were discovered. Scientific foreknowledge found only in the Bible offers one more piece to the collective proof that the Bible is truly the inspired Word of the Creator.

The Bible is not a collection of stories, fables, myths, or merely human ideas about God. It doesn't claim to be a book of history or science. It is not a human book. Through the Holy Spirit, God revealed his person and plan to certain believers, who wrote down his message for his people. This process is known as inspiration. The writers wrote from their own personal, historical, and cultural contexts. Although they used their own minds, talents, language, and style, they wrote what God wanted them to write. Scripture is completely trustworthy because God was in control of its writing. Its words are entirely authoritative. The Bible is "God-breathed."

Contemporary books need to be edited and updated periodically simply because their relevance and content go out of date or style. Biblical chapters and verses don't need to be edited, revised, or amended to get in cadence with the march of human advancement. Its truth is as fresh and crisp now as since it was written.

Given this as my basis for my arguments, who could win?

Comment

• Is the question addressed to me, or to the ilw.com's pseudo-atheist?

Comment

One prerequisite is required. In order to have it carry any weight, the recognition of it being inspired writing needs to be accepted. Without that, it's taken as Ip said, fables and stories. Granted, truth abounds but it needs connected to those facts irrefutable. For example. There are passages that speak to keeping people sick apart from the flock. When was contagion discovered by modern science? There is also the issue of reconciling time and those first seven days. That takes a little more explanation than sneezes spreading the common cold, but it can be done. The trouble with atheists is they have no explanation except to say they have none. Offer up the connecting dots and usually they'll look as such.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At this junction I would like to recommend a book that I read titled: Job's Body by Dean Juhan. If I may, I will quote some of his work later.

Comment

It wasn't so much a question as direction of strategy. Believers believe and unbelievers don't. To use the basis of faith outside the circle usually creates mounting hostility not conducive to the proper goal. Give them what they do understand and make the connection. From there, an ally may result which results in.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right you are!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation