X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-751 Issue! please Help

Hello guys,

I was granted a temp. Green Card back in 2001 based on a marriage to a US citizen. We both applied to remove the conditions in 03. I haven't heard anything from USCIS since then. I got divorced in 05. And I'm still waiting for their decision until now. I did too many Infopasses but they always say that my case is still pending. I contacted my senator for a status inquiry. They got a reply from USCIS that my case has been suspended for detailed review!! I don't know that does that mean. Now it's taking me almost 5 years to remove the conditions. Some people told me that i need to withdraw my I-751 & re apply for another one since my divorce was finalized in 05. Could you please help?? Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Hello guys,

I was granted a temp. Green Card back in 2001 based on a marriage to a US citizen. We both applied to remove the conditions in 03. I haven't heard anything from USCIS since then. I got divorced in 05. And I'm still waiting for their decision until now. I did too many Infopasses but they always say that my case is still pending. I contacted my senator for a status inquiry. They got a reply from USCIS that my case has been suspended for detailed review!! I don't know that does that mean. Now it's taking me almost 5 years to remove the conditions. Some people told me that i need to withdraw my I-751 & re apply for another one since my divorce was finalized in 05. Could you please help?? Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BaltoGuy410:Some people told me that i need to withdraw my I-751 & re apply for another one since my divorce was finalized in 05. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. You can't jointly remove conditions as you are no longer married. You should submit a new I-751, and request a waiver from a joint petition.

Comment

Hasta La Vista Baby

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs