Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About I-130

Hi, Today I asked a question on live chat about how long will it take to get a visa number if I become a Citizen(very soon). But the answer was not clear. Let me start again.. If someone appled for I-130 for adult children over 21, unmarried, while you where a Green Card Holder. Applied in March 2003, that is your PD. OK! Then u become a Citizen and udjust the status to F1. The answer was 4.5 years of waiting!
    Can someone explain from the date of petition I applied or from the time of Citizenship udjustment to another category? Because, the are two different things.Thanks.

Hi, Today I asked a question on live chat about how long will it take to get a visa number if I become a Citizen(very soon). But the answer was not clear. Let me start again.. If someone appled for I-130 for adult children over 21, unmarried, while you where a Green Card Holder. Applied in March 2003, that is your PD. OK! Then u become a Citizen and udjust the status to F1. The answer was 4.5 years of waiting!
    Can someone explain from the date of petition I applied or from the time of Citizenship udjustment to another category? Because, the are two different things.Thanks.

Comment

Sorry, just to want to make a correction. Udjustment from category F2B to the First Category..

Comment

I got my 1-130 approved. I submitted on May 2002, Ist preference family based, USC and I'm still waiting nearly 4 years. So much for expedient processing.

Hope this helps

Comment

Nina,

When you become an USC, you can upgrade your petition. The priority date will stay the same: March 2003.
          At the moment, it takes about 5 years for a priority date of F1 category to become current. If it continues that way, there may be a visa number available for your son or daughter in 2008. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks to all of you! And all understand how difficult waiting and waiting so many years....
            I have a question if applying for a working visa, because both of my children have a Bachelor and going for a Master degree in International Economics and Computer Network . Dont have working experience rather...Only students at the moment. Just dont know the procedure... Taking a lawyer dont know if I can afford it. Can someone explain what do to do? Do they have to find a company from their end to get a job here? Or what do I have to do from my end here? Please,I need your advice and Thanks.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation