X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dawn17
    replied
    it's ok today i went and talked to an immigration attn. Everything went well..thanks for all the advice

Leave a comment:

• dmartmar
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Now, if you were in that situation wouldn't u do anything possible for your family? Even, breaking the law to provide for them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't it messed up how they would much rather NOT break their own laws, but break ours instead? Ever wonder why?

Could it be b/c they know that most probably they can get away with it here, while back in their own home countries they can't?

Leave a comment:

• dawn17
    replied
    do u know how much they pay for work in some south american countries? NOT THAT **** MUCH!!
    like 10 cents for 8hr of work. that's why a lot of immigrants come to this country, to send money to their children and wives back home. they want to put food on the table. Now, if you were in that situation wouldn't u do anything possible for your family? Even, breaking the law to provide for them.

Leave a comment:

• dmartmar
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the dude in the top...

so, start looking for job dumb ***.,.. its a lot of jobs out there... thats f#$@#$ idi@ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To the dude on the top (learn how to write you dumb butt)...

The situation was "imaginary," not real.

The same could be said about the OP's husband, who could've found a job back in his home country, instead of breaking the law in this one.

Leave a comment:

• eLoko
    replied
    the dude in the top...

so, start looking for job dumb ***.,.. its a lot of jobs out there... thats f#$@#$ idi@#

Leave a comment:

• dmartmar
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">this world is full of criminals..trying to better your life is not a crime. yes, he did break the law but where are worse more brutal crimes in this world than just crossing a border. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm out of a job and have two mouths to feed, including mine.

Can I break into your house, steal everything you've got and take it to a pawn shop?

Leave a comment:

• dawn17
    replied
    this world is full of criminals..trying to better your life is not a crime. yes, he did break the law but where are worse more brutal crimes in this world than just crossing a border.

Leave a comment:

• SonofMichael
    replied
    quote "my husband is an illegal"
    that would be a criminal wouldn't it?

Leave a comment:

• dmartmar
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...he is NOT a criminal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...he just happened to break the law.

Leave a comment:

• dawn17
    replied
    sonofmichael
    he IS NOT a criminal

aneri
    thanks for the advice

Leave a comment:

• dmartmar
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If and when the waivers are approved... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leave a comment:

• aneri
    replied
    His history with INS/USCIS is important for 2 reasons:
    1. if something was filed on his behalf (in addition to work permit) he may be protected under 245i which would give you a big break (wouldn't have to leave the US to get GC)
    2. you don't want surprises along the way

So, your options depend on what has been done so far.

If he is not under 245i, the normal procedure in a very few words would be: you file I-130 and wait for approval and interview date. After the interview is set by the consulate, he returns to his home country, attends the interview and is denied for illegal entry and overstay. He files waivers proving the extreme hardship that you - an USC- would suffer in case he can't return to the US before the bar is up (10 years). If and when the waivers are approved, he gets an immigrant visa and can return.

Check this
    http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...?showforum=113
    http://www.immigrate2us.net/

Leave a comment:

• SonofMichael
    replied
    First; See a psychologist to determine exactly what your problem is that you want to marry a criminal

Second; Get a prenupital agreement

Good Luck !

Leave a comment:

• dawn17
    replied
    aneri

i didn't know him back then...I know the was under 18. I think it was his uncle that helped him get a work permit but im not sure. since he was under age..what options do we have of getting a green card, or citzenship?

Leave a comment:

• nikahelp
    replied
    http://www.cis.org/articles/2006/back606.html

Please have a look at this article that says about amnesty for illegal aliens. Try to look for anesty act. That's an abstract for the article:

Hagel-Martinez Amnesty. The Hagel-Martinez bill, or Senate bill 2611 (also called S. 2611), has three separate amnesties or legalizations: One for illegals in the country five or more years, one for those who have been here two to five years, and one for those who work in agriculture. Like the 1986 legalizations, the current amnesties involve paying a fine and undergoing a background check. The largest of the new amnesties is for those in the country five or more years. Illegal aliens in this category are placed on what can be described as a "glide path" to Lawful Permanent Residence (LPR). Individuals in the glide path can start to apply for LPR status, also called a green card, once the immigration service has worked through all existing applications or after eight years, whichever is shorter.

This link syas about amnesty as well
    http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/amnesty.html

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs