X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONSULAR OFFICES ABROAD RESUME ACCEPTING I-130 PETITIONS

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrele...ures032607.pdf

If one is in this category mentioned in the press release (legal resident overseas) and has an I-130 pending at a US service center, would it be worth it to refile it with, or transfer it to, the local consular office? Or should I just leave the I-130 where it is? In other words, what would be more efficient?

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrele...ures032607.pdf

If one is in this category mentioned in the press release (legal resident overseas) and has an I-130 pending at a US service center, would it be worth it to refile it with, or transfer it to, the local consular office? Or should I just leave the I-130 where it is? In other words, what would be more efficient?

Comment

try to find out the timelines..

-when did you file in the US and how long it may take to be approved and reach the embassy? you also have the option of going K3 route.

- which ebassy is in question and under which USCIS international office? It is my understanding that now the consulates send I-130 to USCIS international office for a check on petitioner's background...

Comment

I am unsure if k3 or consular processing seems to be more efficient at this point. Sometimes I wonder if consular processing is...?

My receipt of action date is March 21 2007. The press release came out March 26 2007. Dang! If I had waited I could have sent it directly to the US embassy in Costa Rica.

VSC is processing I-130s from LAST year March.

Under USCIS in Honduras (servicing Honduras, Nicaragua, and Costa Rica).

Comment

Aneri,

We applied for I 130 since July 2004, and still I have not got any answer, but "the case is in national benift service penidng there"

how long does it take to process I 130, or they do not tell you as long as you are in the process of K3 visa? on the noitice of action I received in that date it was written that it usually takes about 990 days of the receipt date, and of course we passed the stated time

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation