Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Processing Dates for I-130 in Nebraska @USCIS.gov

Has anyone noticed the new processing dates for I-130 for Nebraska Service Center @ the USCIS.gov site?

I am really frustrated. Our receipt notice is for July 2003. I contacted them a month ago as to why we haven't heard anything when they were working on September 2003, and I just checked and they are now working on October! How can that be possible, when we haven't heard anything yet.

Has anyone noticed the new processing dates for I-130 for Nebraska Service Center @ the USCIS.gov site?

I am really frustrated. Our receipt notice is for July 2003. I contacted them a month ago as to why we haven't heard anything when they were working on September 2003, and I just checked and they are now working on October! How can that be possible, when we haven't heard anything yet.

Comment

You should call the 1-800 and put a status inquiry.

Comment

Aguila,
        Thank you very much for your reply.

I called them a month ago, because our receipt is for July 03, and they were working on September 03. They did a status check, and sent us a letter saying that our case was under review. I noticed again yesterday, that there were new processing times at UCSIS.gov site and they are now working on October 03! I called them today, but the woman told me that they could not do another status check, because I needed to wait a month to do another, which would be on the 1st of October. So, I'll have to call again then.

Thanks again though :0)

Comment

July 15, 2004

Public Notice

NOTICE TO ALL CUSTOMERS WITH A PENDING I-130 PETITION

Washington, D.C.­– USCIS is now processing Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, as a visa number becomes available. Filing and approval of an I-130 relative petition is only the first step in helping a relative immigrate to the United States. Eligible family members must wait until there is a visa number available before they can apply for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status to a lawful permanent resident. This process will allow USCIS to concentrate resources first on cases where visas are actually available. This process should not delay the ability of one's relative to apply for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status. Refer to www.state.gov/travel to determine current visa availability dates.

If you filed an I-130 petition that is currently pending with USCIS, please be advised that USCIS will adjudicate your petition based upon visa availability which means that the estimated processing time listed on your receipt notice may no longer be accurate.

· If you are a U.S. Citizen or lawful permanent resident and plan to file a petition for a qualifying relative, you are encouraged to file as soon as you are eligible in order to establish your relatives place in line even if the petition may not be decided for some time to come. Upon filing, USCIS will send you a receipt that will establish a place in line for a visa called a "priority date". USCIS will adjudicate your Form I-130 prior to visa availability (or within six months if a visa is immediately available upon filing).

For more information, please visit our website at www.uscis.gov or contact us at 1-800-375-5283.

- USCIS -

Comment

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffa...0_07_01_04.pdf

Comment

It may be that I read the message too fast, but I don't understand. If they are currently working on October 03, and our receipt is in July 03, that means that we should be expecting to hear something soon, especially since they sent us a letter saying that our case is under review.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation