adjusting status? Bond?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so you all put he's not in removal proceedings for Q22 on the I130 form correct?
    "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes everywhere will be war"...................BOB MARLEY

Comment

yes but the lawyer also put they think he will be placed in removal proceedings on the cover letter, and the only proof we had was a copy of the DOC site for NC that says Yes for detainers.

Comment

Ok well that I-130 transfered for an interview at your local office after the service center finishes it's preliminary proceesing.
        "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes everywhere will be war"...................BOB MARLEY

Comment

even though she said he wouldn't be available for one? i'm confused.

Comment

What do you mean by he won't be availablean interview?.where would he be?

Comment

in the letter it says they believe he will be put in removal proceedings because he has a detainer and the he wouldn't be available for an interview in the near future, probably because he'd be detained.

Comment

Are you saying that he won't be available because he will be put in removal proceedings?...if so providing he gets a bond the interview would be a while from now cuz first they got to get through the preliminary proceesing (that will take a while) then gotta transfer it to a local office for the interview which will be like 7 months after the transfer,now all of this may not be so if they decide to just approve the I130 from the service center so it all depends on whether or not he is placed in removal proceedings a the time they are adjuducating the I-130 at the service center

Comment

Well if he's not eligible for a bond that's a diffrent story.

Comment

well more than likely, when they are reviewing it he will be in his removal proceedings, will we get in trouble for putting "no"? Our lawyer believes he's eligible for bond as well. So if he has his master calender and then they put it off waiting for an approved I-130 will he be still considered in removal proceedings? and will the "no" on "have you ever been in removal proceedings" get us in trouble?

Comment

No you will not get in trouble because at the time you file he really WASN'T in removal proceedings....if they put it off his lawyer will ask continuance bs still considered to be in removal proceedings and if several court appearances the Judge can "administratively close" the case pending the I-130 which means it's no longer before the court until the I130 is approved now when approved your lawyer will have to file motion to recalendar and you all will be back in court but this time with an appeoved I-13 and the case can now move ahead.

Comment

and do the judges usually grant this??

Comment

Yes the usually do

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation