Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjusting status? Bond?

Ok, I know I've spoken with Mike2007 and carribianman about this before. But Just from the general public (the ones actually trying to help not the anti-illegals) I would like to explain my situation and to see if you think this will be possible. Thanks.

My husband entered with a work visa in 2004, expired 2005. We met in 2006 got married 2007. He had some traffic tickets, 1 DUI, some driving without a license and a misdemeanor hit and run.

For the last one, he was placed on probation, which was revoked, he had to do his max time (45 days) which he was released to ICE because he wasn't in status.

I got a lawyer, gave her certified copy of his recored (to rule out his charges as deportable) and she says they are not deportable. And if they try and say the hit and run is a CIMT then we can probably call it petty offense.

We sent off the I-130, so we're waiting for this to get approved. He signed to have our lawyer represent him and to go to court, they will be moving him to georgia soon.

Our lawyer believes we can get bond, because he has a form of relief, his crimes aren't deportable, and he entered with a visa. Do you think he will be able to get bond? And do you think we will probably get his AOS approved?

Sorry this is long, I just like getting as many opinions of people who've been throug this or have knowledge of the laws.

Ok, I know I've spoken with Mike2007 and carribianman about this before. But Just from the general public (the ones actually trying to help not the anti-illegals) I would like to explain my situation and to see if you think this will be possible. Thanks.

My husband entered with a work visa in 2004, expired 2005. We met in 2006 got married 2007. He had some traffic tickets, 1 DUI, some driving without a license and a misdemeanor hit and run.

For the last one, he was placed on probation, which was revoked, he had to do his max time (45 days) which he was released to ICE because he wasn't in status.

I got a lawyer, gave her certified copy of his recored (to rule out his charges as deportable) and she says they are not deportable. And if they try and say the hit and run is a CIMT then we can probably call it petty offense.

We sent off the I-130, so we're waiting for this to get approved. He signed to have our lawyer represent him and to go to court, they will be moving him to georgia soon.

Our lawyer believes we can get bond, because he has a form of relief, his crimes aren't deportable, and he entered with a visa. Do you think he will be able to get bond? And do you think we will probably get his AOS approved?

Sorry this is long, I just like getting as many opinions of people who've been throug this or have knowledge of the laws.

Comment

provoked because he drove again and cause he wasn't up to date on his fines, which he was paying something every month, but sometimes didn't have everything, so he was behind. but our lawyer told us to write in my personal letter to the judge about why it was revoked. Because basically, before we got married and he lived over an hour away, he couldn't get a ride to work and they told him he'd get fired if he didn't show up and the guy who normally took him couldn't but let him use his car. She also said something about them saying something about the probation revocation. She also said in their other cases, usually people with criminal history, their bond was around $10,000. Which i don't even have a way to get that, i have no collateral, i'm praying my family will help me if he's granted bond. I can pay for the attorneys and the hearings, just not the bail.

Comment

i will say to save the attorney's fees and pay it for the bond instead ,and just look for a pro bono attorney

Comment

grr, he hasn't called me, I called the jail and he's not there, I can't find out where he's at. This is so frustrating, they told him they wouldn't move him for more than aweek and the moved him after 4 days. My biggest fear is that the deported him anyways even though he requested court.

Comment

Mike2007: I chose the attorney we have because she has 16 years in immigration law and deportation. She knows so much about it and I wouldn't be comfortable with a pro bono probably. I feel more secure.

Davdah: See I'm worried I don't have any collateral. I'm not sure what I could even put up as collateral, i don't even have my car in my name.

Also, does anyone know how I can find out where he's at?? I don't know if they have good access to a phone or not, but I called where he's at, and he's not there. I'm so worried they just sent deported him anyways.

Comment

Mandee did you ask the jail personel if they got any idea of where he was transfered too?
              "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes everywhere will be war"...................BOB MARLEY

Comment

she just gave me the number for the ICE office in mecklenburg and that they should know where he's at. And that went to a voice mail.

Comment

mandee3911 ..does he have an A#? if yes then u can call a number and run his A# and it will tell you the status on his case..and if he was deported or not ..the number is 18008987180

Comment

Keep trying that ICE number normally they got more phone lines not just that one.
                    "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes everywhere will be war"...................BOB MARLEY

Comment

i called that number, and his A# isn't in the system yet. He just got it last monday. And either I didn't write it down correctly or its not in there. It says "this number is not in the system or does not have a court date set yet" something like that. Which the lawyer said his papers follow him to the detention center then go to the court. so it usually takes like 2 weeks.

Comment

they'r idiots and they dont give straight answers ,,,try that number better,it will tell u the status on his case and the location and everything about his case ,and if there was an order of removal and all that ,,,

Comment

2 weeks ? thats not true actually,,once they booked him in,,the status will be in the system,,it takes 48 hours to be in the system.... but the good thing is ,,if the system is showing no court day yet,,then he's there for sure,he wasn't deported,,dont worry ,,,

Comment

I think she already did and she said it's not in gthe system yet.

Comment

That is what the number said when I called. that there is nothing on that A#. I'm just scared they're going to send him to mexico anyways. Thats my fear right now. even though he told him he wanted court. you know how corrupt some people's cases are. I don't want ours to be another one. hopefully he'll be able to call today or in the morning!!! hopefully!!! I'm so worried!!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation