Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

intimidation at Baltimore during CSS/LULAC interview.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intimidation at Baltimore during CSS/LULAC interview.

My friend went to baltimore office for interview and presented evidence he had. During the interview process he experience verbal attacks and humiliation from the officer. The officer wanted him to withdraw the application but he refused and remained strong to the end.The officer told him to expect something in the mail. my friend believe the officer violated the court settlement agreement by intimidating and attacking him.
    Does anyone know how to report this type of incidents?

My friend went to baltimore office for interview and presented evidence he had. During the interview process he experience verbal attacks and humiliation from the officer. The officer wanted him to withdraw the application but he refused and remained strong to the end.The officer told him to expect something in the mail. my friend believe the officer violated the court settlement agreement by intimidating and attacking him.
    Does anyone know how to report this type of incidents?

Comment

All that you friend had to do was to ask to speak with the officer's supervisor and that would have been the end of that.

It's recommended that one should go to these interviews with an attorney that knows about the CSS/LULAC settlement.

Good that your friend did not withdrew his application. He will have better chances during his appeal as long as your friend is not trying to commit fraud.

Freedom1

P.S.
      What kind of evidence your friend presented?
      Also, what kind of verbal attacks did he received? Did the officer told your friend that he was a liar?

Comment

my friend had school records, declarations, affidavit etc....the officer insisted the documents were not enough and took some documents started to throw across the room. the officer was just yelling saying if he does not withdraw they will deport him. My friend refused to withdraw and the officer continued asking more questions from application and later said he will receive something in the mail. the officer never took any identifications from him.

Comment

Class 9999, you friend will receive Notice of appeal...I am so sorry about what happened to ur friend..I was going through the same situation..the officers' intention of intimidating the applicants showing they don't want extra immigrants living in US and give them amnesty.. so they persuade to withdraw the applications..I am glad ur friend didn't do it.

Comment

This is very embarassing for me but here goes the story. I have two families who are relatives of mine and last December 2005 they traveled to Dallas, TX to see a so called INS retired employee who was helping out people with there LULAC/CSS apllications for a modest $6,000 telling them he had "inside" connections. All the information that was used on the appl. was false, they also used fabricated dates and affidavits and what have you, when in fact they only arrived in the US T THREE YEARS AGO. So far they have gone thru all the expected stages (biometrics, finger prints, etc.), in fact they already have their California Driver's License and SSN, temporary of course. Furthermore, they all have their interview set for October 23 & 24, 2006. I am in AWE and at the same time ashamed with their lies and fabrications, and I have the funny feeling they will succeed, as I was told by them that another one of the "so called ex-
            INS retiree's" clients was approved last month in Dallas, TX.

My relatives & I are here in Northern California, they will have their interview in the Sacramento office.

Comment

Big...

People who use false and misleading information to secure an immigration benefit are running a huge risk. This is federal offense, which is punishable by jail term and a quarter million dollar fine, which in most cases, the govt never impose as most of thes people are poor.

So, even if they succeed with this sham and fabrication, they can still lose this immigration benefit even after they are approved. There is a case of a Haitian immigrant who was convicted of selling drugs, but after he was released from prison, was never deported. So, he applied for US citizen and never brought his conviction in his application, and his application was approved and applied for US passport. However, someone found out that this guy was ineligible and USCIS made an error in offering him this benefit. GUess what... Justice Dept went to court and stripped him off the US passport and deported him to Haiti. So, this so called USCIS former employee is threading some dangerous water with this scam. So, they will be caught and regret the day they came to Uncle Sam...

Class999... Your friend should write a letter to the Director of the DO in Baltimore, and use a certifiled mail to lodge a complaint. Also, he/she include his notice to appear for interview so that they Director can look over their system as to who processed the latest update. Also, for anyone who goes for immigration benefit, ask for the full name of the officer(s), so that you can be in a position to know who is harassing you.

Good luck...

Comment

Class 999 This is the place to do it:

Center for Human Rights
                256 S. Occidental Blvd.
                Los Angeles, California 90057
                Phone: (213) 388-8693
                Fax: (213) 386-9484
                email: mail@centerforhumanrights.org

Comment

May God burn all Illegals in H.ell !
                  http://i.b5z.net/i/u/1061492/i/040401292763.jpg

Comment

Hey Still Trash, since you are so obviously a redneck dirtbag you're probably a devout Christian too. Where do you think Christ will put your a$$ when you croak after behaving like you have?

Comment

This is very embarassing for me but here goes the story. I have two families who are relatives of mine and last December 2005 they traveled to Dallas, TX to see a so called INS retired employee who was helping out people with there LULAC/CSS apllications for a modest $6,000 telling them he had "inside" connections. All the information that was used on the appl. was false, they also used fabricated dates and affidavits and what have you, when in fact they only arrived in the US T THREE YEARS AGO. So far they have gone thru all the expected stages (biometrics, finger prints, etc.), in fact they already have their California Driver's License and SSN, temporary of course. Furthermore, they all have their interview set for October 23 & 24, 2006. I am in AWE and at the same time ashamed with their lies and fabrications, and I have the funny feeling they will succeed, as I was told by them that another one of the "so called ex-
                      INS retiree's" clients was approved last month in Dallas, TX.

My relatives & I are here in Northern California, they will have their interview in the Sacramento office.

UPDATE: Their interview was this morning and they fooled the system, they've been approved. I really can't beleive the USCIS is really this inept, they might as well work with security staff at airports.

Comment

Bigpako,

There is nothing that you can do, because the ineptness of this system is a joke. However, one day, they are going to be caught and will regret it big time. I can assure you that they will file for US citizenship in couple of years, and then they will be caught....

Alternatively, this INS officer might be working with someone inside these DO and sharing the money which he charges these people. Who knows?

Comment

You can start by filing a formal complaint (Form I-847) - I did this and it worked for me. You can get the form on the USCIS website. It is free to file.

Comment

dragon lady,

can you explain more in detail about your experience and how USCIS resolved it.

Also thanks for everyone trying to help.

Comment

Hey Prof.

The Haitian story you talked about, where did that take place? Is that the one in Miami?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation