Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Islam Ruled America?

Please post your comments on this topic here.
    http://www.ilw.com

How are you going to a govern a FREE "21st century" country with a 7th century sharia law which can not even be applied "truely" as of this day as islamists put it?

I don't see a way or time that is happening unless there is going to be a bloody civil war in the future and islamists would take over...

And if the numbers are correct it doesn't seem like that civil war will happen in any near future. US of A has a population of 281 million and out of this number only a 6 million are identifying themselves as muslim. Last year only 1 million of them regularly attended mosques.
    SEMPER VIPER / Army Strong!

Comment

But is it not true that the number of people converting to islam/muslim religion is growing fast and steadily ?

Can someone shed light on this fact, and the reasons behind ? It seems like a double edged sword, people have bitterness against muslims after 911, at the same time they are also embracing islam ?

Arun.

Comment

***But is it not true that the number of people converting to islam/muslim religion is growing fast and steadily ?***

Not proven... It is possible in middle eastern countries simply because of the BIRTH RATE! Islam is being advertised as BIRTH RIGHT to kids, and what choice do they have? What choice do you have in a country like Saudi Arabia where you CAN NOT legally open a church? Other countries which has a predominant muslim population don't differ much. In the US they (especially CAIR) can only claim this but can not support it. Is it possible to have 4 wives and 5 "muslim" kids each? No it is not, but it is in countries governed by Sharia. There you go, one shot, you bring 20 new muslims into this world.

In the States, we mostly see the catholics leaving their faith to embrace islam. Other so-called Christians are doing it too because they mostly don't have spiritual support from a church family. But again the reasons differ. I left islam, and my reasons might not make sense to anyone else here.

Anyway, the point is, islam is not spreading fast and steady in the US... How many mosques do we have in Montana? How many mosques we have in New York? Do you see where I am coming from?

Although we have heard news from Al-Jazeera that great multitudes in Africa (like a few million each year) are leaving islam. In the mid-east and far-east, it shows the same thing.

***But is it not true that the number of people converting to islam/muslim religion is growing fast and steadily ?***

It is just wishful thinking actually. US will not ever become an Islamic country. If they wanted an islamic country, while theirs were, why didn't they stay there? Because US offers freedom and embraces everybody, they are very free to practice their religion but no not changing the constitution. Their holy book when carefully examined while it has wrathful verses, when used in context, is not much different from the Holy Bible. People those who have bitterness against muslims should also have bitterness against Christians because that God is wrathful too. In my opinion, for a spiritual person who wants a relationship with God, can not find this in the Quran and islam. I was one, and immediately left islam after discovering the Bible.

Comment

The rate of Muslims converting to other religions are far far less than people converting from other religions to Islam. I even know couple of well known priests who converted to Islam but haven't seen any mulla lately converting to any other religion.

As for Sharia.. consider it scientifically as E=MC2 ... does it still changed after so many years? No it didn't but that doesn't mean science has not progressed. So, don't just sit back and criticize it.

If you go and suvey Muslims people in US, they will not gonna speak out coz they are afraid they would be mistreated. So the millions that you have mentioned and millions who do not go to mosques is exactly the same as how many people in US go to Church on Sundays?

Comment

Only if your post made a bit of sense...

***The rate of Muslims converting to other religions are far far less than people converting from other religions to Islam.***

And your proof to this? Your priests? Check out www.faithfreedom.org

***I even know couple of well known priests who converted to Islam but haven't seen any mulla lately converting to any other religion. ***

Correct because other faiths don't brainwash.

***As for Sharia.. consider it scientifically as E=MC2 ... does it still changed after so many years? No it didn't but that doesn't mean science has not progressed. So, don't just sit back and criticize it.***

Nonsense, how do you even compare a scientifical term to a socio-political religion rule? If this made sense I would have criticized it but no point!

***So the millions that you have mentioned and millions who do not go to mosques is exactly the same as how many people in US go to Church on Sundays?***

Like I said 81% of the population in the US identify themselves as Christian, as a matter of fact, 6 million people in the US are daily bible readers and attend church services 3 or more times a week according to a very recent poll, the numbers are far greater than anyone can imagine, especially after Sept 11. However, numbers doesn't mean anything, for a Christian faith and relationship is important. They don't have global goals to take over countries.

Anyway, I am interested hearing in your thoughts about the topic, "If Islam Ruled America?"

Comment

Some comments regarding Islam:

The Quran was written by a madman which is why it says that madmen are touch by god.

I do agree that the insane require our help but would I listen to what they say?

I don't agree with any religion that advocates killing others for the purpose of furthering your faith should be tolerated. Or a faith that tells you to blindly follow your leaders and do what ever they tell you. A Church should only be there to guide you and not to dictate how you live your life. How you live your life should be totally up to you.

I believe that all men are created equal, even women. Any religion that discriminates is wrong. And unfortunately, Islam is one of the worst offenders with regards to equal rights. I am not saying that Christianity is also blame free, it is just that we don't discriminate as much.

Being uptight about *** is much worse than being liberated about it. In Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia for example, men have resorted raping other men because the penalties for raping men is much less than that of raping a woman. They are so uptight about it, I've heard stories of men getting a hard on for seeing a face of a man with no beard. This is for me is simply to wierd.

Later in my life I might convert to a different religion if someone manages to convince me but certainly it won't be Islam.

Comment

Bushmaster

I would like to know, and please feel free to say so, Why did you leave Islam? - I personally never heard someone converting to muslim, and then deciding to leave. I mean you must have made a big decision to become a muslim... and then made another decision to walk-out!

Thanks

Comment

The only people I know who have converted to Islam have not done so for spiritual reasons, but for political ones. Americans who convert to Islam often do it as a way to rebel against the majority "Christian" society of the country. It's treated like an "alternative."
                  Have a nice day

Comment

Islam is not only a religion, it is a way of living. Those who think Islam is a religion of "death" should look back in history. Christianity with the Crusaders killed more people than islam ever did. In addition, in the name of Christianity, Hitler slaughtered 8 millions jews. That does not mean Christianity is inferior or superior to islam or a religion of death. Neither should all christians be responsible for the acts of the crusaders nor should they for Hitler's act. Unfortunately many people think crusaders are heroes....
                    The truth is that muslims believe that every soul will have to account for his/her acts. Just believing in a savior will not save you if your actions are wrong. The Quran specifically says that for those who have true faith either Christian or jews (and it can be interpreted as any religion), God has promised His bounty on you.

If you believe islam is a religion of blood, it is totally your right. However, before judging a religion and its people, I think you should read what this religion preaches not what some so called muslims are doing.
                    Otherwise, it will be like considering the catholic religion as "child molestors" because few priests have molested children.

So please keep an open mind.

Comment

I would know that hell has frozen over.

Comment

If Islam Ruled America, the first people to be purged would be the same hollywood actors and actresses who defend radical muslims. These same radical muslims would kill them first because they think them to be immoral and spreading immorality on TV and in the theaters. I think it's odd to desperatly defend people who would kill you first in the "purging" of America. ("If Islam ruled America" that is.)

Comment

IT IS NOT THE RELIGION THAT IS AT QUESTION....WE ALL KNOW THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD ...CALL HIM JESUS OR ALLAH ...WHATEVER YOUR RELIGION...QUESTION IS THAT THERE ARE ONES WHO FOLLOW THEIR RELIGION AND OTHERS WHO DON'T...TO THEM IT IS JUST A FAD OF SORTS...WHEN I WORKED AS A WAITREES WE HAD THESE 8 CHRISTIAN LADIES THAT WOULD COME IN AFTER CHURCH AND PREACH THE WORD AND ANNOUNCE ALL THE WORK THAT THEY DO AND HOW MUCH THEY GO TO CHURCH ...YADDA-YADDA-YADDA...AND THE WHOLD TIME THEY ARE THERE THEY ARE TREATING THE WAITREES LIKE SHE IS THEIR MAID ...IF THERE WAS ONE TAN SPOT ON THE CHEESE OF THEIR FRENCH ONION SOUP THEY WOULD SEND IT BACK TO BE REMADE....AT LEAST THREE TIMES SENT BACK....THEY WOULD SIT THERE AND GOSSIP ABOUT THE OTHER PEOPLE IN THE CHURCH....AND AS FAR AS PRAY IN YOUR HOME OR IN THE HOUSE FOR GOD ....DOESN'T MEAN THAT ONE IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER....JUST BECAUSE ONE PERSON GOES TO CHURCH AND THE OTHER CHOOSES TO MAKE PRAYER IN THEIR OWN HOME DOES NOT MAKE ONE BETTER THAN THE OTHER....IT IS NOT OUR PLACE TO JUDGE PEOPLE OR THEIR RELIGION.....GOD WILL BE THE ONE TO JUDGE...GOD BLESS EVERYONE....OR... ALLAH MA OG

Comment

This is interesting. I know several Americans who have converted to Islam. I think there are 2 sides to every story. A lot of what most people know about Islam is what is filtered to us through the media. Blah blah blah . . heard it before. Unfortunatly, that is how many people get their education these days. I am not sure about the facts of converting and priests becoming muslims. However I do know that Islam is the fastest growing religion. 22% percent of the worlds population is Muslim That is over 1 billion. It is the second largest religion in the world. Only Christianity is larger, with 33% of the world's inhabitants. The wolrds population grows at 2.3 percent and Islam grows at 2.9% every year. So the birth theory would be comforting but it is wrong. These are not my numbers look them up before posting as fact. It is scary if you think that Islam is bad. With that many people there are bound to be a few idiots. Take a minute to READ the Bible, Torah and the Koran and the similarities might actually be scary. The face of Islam is changing. It is Chinese, Italian, blond hair and blue eyes sweet as Apple pie Chris down the road. Which one do you hate? No one would ever look at me and think I am Muslim and Im not even a convert. Blows people away when they find out. However I am a third generation American. My Uncles fought in Vietnam and my greatgrandmother who immigrated to this country many many years ago is buried in American soil. She is Muslim too. I have a cousin in the national gaurd who is currently depolyed in Afghanistan. So when you say negative things about Islam, Christianity, Judiasim . . .whatever . . . you are actually saying negative things about America and Americans! There are many many Americans with simialr stories who are also Muslim. Hard to swallow but it is true. Happy Ramadan amd God Bless America!

Comment

Defiler606: Saudia Arabia would not be the country that it is without the help of America. Unfortunately there are many political issues that take a step ahead of religion. There are many cultural issues in Saudia Arabia, Africa, parts of Europe, China, Japan and many other countries all of which find ways to opress women. Even America. We keep blaming the opression of women on religion instead of on the kings, queens and presidents and the way they define culture and society.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation