Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    sorry stewiesmom, but companies outsource for only one reason...CHEAP LABOR...they could give an ambercrumbly about 'talent' --they just want hire $22 a day labor anywhere on the planet so the bigshots of Company X can enjoy fat bonuses and golden parachutes...what galls me is (a) these $hitheels should be forced to pay various taxes on said cheap labor that would neutralize their 'business decision' and (b) be forced to explain to the American people why they 'had' to relocate their operations in some third world cesspool....with a straight face....and (c) that they try to rationalize these Wharton Business School decisions by claiming we must 'remain competitive' in the global marketplace......while selling out their American brethern for profit.

Leave a comment:

• stewiesmom
    replied
    On one hand, it could be an instance where employers feel that there are more competent individuals for a certain work force that are located outside the US hence their need to outsource. But then again, it could be Americans destroying their fellow Americans by outsourcing cheap yet efficient workers for the sheer reason of profit. This is the price we all pay for globalization. This is just my personal opinion though.

Leave a comment:

• AmericanC
    replied
    Yes, the conversation tapered off in another direction. The bottom line is H-1B jobs is a cancer stagnating wages of American workers. America is a land of immigrants but at no time in its history has a segment of immigrants contributed to lowering the standard of living of existing people in the country as is happening now.

Leave a comment:

• 4now
    replied
    10k you go varmit!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I didnt say pilots be havin h1-b problems. See folks, these lefty types cant read. I says the pay problems be worse if there is h1-b people takin yer jobs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unbelievable where that conversation went, isnt it

Leave a comment:

• davdah
    replied
    I didnt say pilots be havin h1-b problems. See folks, these lefty types cant read. I says the pay problems be worse if there is h1-b people takin yer jobs.

I says they be havin competition issues is all. Too many fellers wantin too few jobs be why the pay be droppin. But there be a problem with yer customers too makin things worse. Here be how it works.

What people be expectin fer pay in this country keeps the wages somewheres above minimum wage. When ya bring in people used to workin for 50 cents a day or less they be thinkin minimum wage is a lottery and be willin to accept a very low wage.

This be messin up our labor pricing and marginal cost and revenue fer most everythings else. Is why our standard of liven be droppin. Ya lowers the wage and they cants be affordin things at the store. Them stores gots to drop prices and be lettin more people go too seein how they cant pay em a decent wage cause they cant be makin much profit eithah. It be creatin a perpetual downward pressure on everything since it all be connected.

That person workin at the store without a raise cause they have to sells stuff so cheap cant pay much fer a plane ticket. Yer bosses have to drop them ticket prices otherwise they gets no customers. Lower tickets means they cants pay much to pilots eithah. There ya go.

Dang, I just hit 10,000 posts. Yippie!

Leave a comment:

• Brit4064
    replied
    You have no idea how the aviation industry works. The reason pilots are paid so little has nothing to do with the (non) influx of foreign pilots at all. It has more to do with the airlines trying to get away with paying as little as possible. US Airways slashed their pilot workforce in 2002 by about 40% and changed the work practices (putting 20yr captains in the right seat again) and cutting the retirement fund to make it almost worthless.

The 2009 Buffalo NY accident occurred because of poorly trained, low time pilots (both american) who got into a situation they shouldn't really have been in. Not surprising as Colgan Air is renown in the business for paying low wages. Most of the regional airlines are the same, even "legacy" major airlines have cut back a lot since 2001.

It's the business that's lowered pay not foreign pilots moron redneck. Foreigners don't work for less idiot. 10 years ago I talked to Comair about employment when I got my first EAD. I was told they can't hire anybody without GC. That was 10 years ago. Nothing has changed. If anything it's worse because of the TSA background checks required of all commercial working pilots. Many companies won't even look at you now unless you are a USC. My own company didn't hire an non-USC until 2008. They used to hire a lot of non-USC's before 911.

If you still believe reduction in pilot pay is because of foreign pilots taking american jobs and companies paying them less then you are a truly ignorant redneck.

Leave a comment:

• davdah
    replied
    This be one them intresting situatoins. Ya claims pilots have no reason to be fearin foreign competition. Kinda smug bout it too it seems. Well, why you so supportive of everyone else havin to tolerate sumthen you dont?

Ya know them pilots dont be makin the money they used to years back. Ya have any clue why? Its cause they be bringin in lots and lots of em so they aint got to pay the feller much. It be kinda the same thing with h1b but hib be even worse bein the foerign type will work fer even less. You be complainen months back bout sum pilots gettin foodstamps. Too manys wanten the same job be why. Adds in them foreigners who be workin for even less and yer buddies be homeless too. Why you ok with doin that to other people? That be cold, evil, and heartless. Ya'll lefties is a bunch of devil worshipen heathens.

Leave a comment:

• Brit4064
    replied
    The US is a popular destination for foreign pilots to train at their own cost because it is much cheaper than many European countries to learn to fly or hour build. Once they complete training here, they return to the home country either to fly for pleasure or to finish their commercial licenses.

With the new Pt 121 FAA duty regulations coming into effect soon, there will be a mini hiring boom by airlines so some of the 10,000 american and LPR unemployed pilots (a lot are high time experienced pilots) here will be picked up. There is no need for airlines to hire H1b pilots anytime soon.

Leave a comment:

• davdah
    replied
    Oh really? Well, let me tells ya something.

Over yonder at gillespi they be training a lot of them foreign pilots. ya knows, the ones ya can't make out what in tarnation they be telling the tower or ground control. Shoot, they be a hazard from what I's can tell. But, they be flyen and gettin in the way. Cant stands their hundred touch n goes over in yuma. When I wants to land I gots to ***p them from the pattern. They whine and all but my friends tell them too bad and all. that er I shoot them down. Take yer picks.

But, I bethcha it wont be long befor your job be up fer grabs. Seein how you be so comfy they cants touch you it shows how you dont care fer anyones else but yerself. Thats yer typical lefty.

There be plenty of people on salary workin 80 hours or more per week. Yer average american be gettin upset and sick o this krap. Jus wait, maybe once yer job be sold out from under ya yer eyes might be opened. Espoecially since yer plane be a SEL. Not much needed fer a transport license.

Leave a comment:

• Brit4064
    replied
    Actually it's very difficult for a pilot to come here on an H1b. Very few airlines will sponsor on that status. I've never heard of any successful H1b pilot hiring. Most require GC or better.

BTW, the average american probably wouldn't work an 80hr week anyway!

Leave a comment:

• davdah
    replied
    Brit, the unemployed pilot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If a company brings in a worker on an H1b visa, they have to pay the prevailing wage. That's the law. Bill is advocating extending the H1b system which means he supports paying the prevailing wage.

When a waitress stopped them at the door and told them that the restaurant "did not serve Negroes," Watts replied, "I don't eat Negroes. I just came to get some ham and eggs." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boy, you is misguided. Ya has no clue how they be gettin round that requirement do ya?

Heres how it be workin. The H1B feller comes over and is hired at lowest entry level wage is all. Plus, they is put on a salary which means they can work em 80 hours a week makin the hourly rate about 1/2. Look it up how a salary person be workin versus hourly. Big diffrence.

Yer average american wont be toleratin that and would be paid proper. The H1b person dont know better and ends up a slave so billie be buyin them 100,000 square foot houses.

If that dont be hittin the nail fer ya maybe you needs hittin on yer noggin to understands the american worker be gettin screwed like that.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    sorry BritWan.ker...but an H1B employer only has to sign a piece of paper claiming they will pay the prevailing wage....last year, hundreds of H1B employees were investigated...on average, they were being paid 35% less than the prevailing wage...so much for obeying the law....it's a simple fact of human life...businesses will say anything on paper (like immigration attorneys) but rarely obey the agreements they signed...and we keep bringing in more gas station attendants disguised as IT workers, more doughnut makes disguised as computer techs and more IT types who are paid roughly HALF of their American counterparts....yea H1Bs...what a great deal for the US worker.

Leave a comment:

• Brit4064
    replied
    If a company brings in a worker on an H1b visa, they have to pay the prevailing wage. That's the law. Bill is advocating extending the H1b system which means he supports paying the prevailing wage.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    mr. davdah, you have hit de nail on de head....we keep impotin' cheap labor in every conceivable occupation...so I wonder if BritWa.nker sings de same tune if some idiot pilot from Outer ***Phukk is at the helm of his 737, flipping madly through the pages of the flight manual while the plane wobbles all over the sky....we don't need more cheap labor displacing AMERICAN WORKERS...

Leave a comment:

• davdah
    replied
    Ol Billie is one cheap you know what. He jus dont wanna pay the prevailing wage is all. Rather pay sum ones 1/3 and pockets the rest fer himself.

Sides not knowing diddly what ya talkin about, whens they replacin pilots with H1 types for 2.00 an hour I betcha you be changin yer tune.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation