Ban H-1B and employment based immigration - Support here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But if you want to run the risk and have companies move jobs overseas, be my guest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly Hudson. Talk about an own goal.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
      Why the extreme, which always fails

Just have large reduction of the program proposed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
      Also an extreme and will also fail. Protectionism by any standard, and especially in today's global market, will short change a country economically than it will benefit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AS you well know, the H1b program has been greatly expanded over the years without real justification. Putting it back to the original levels is not unreasonable in this climate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
      As you well know, once it is lowered, no matter what the reason, it will never, or be extremely difficult, be increased, no matter what the reason. It is simply being used to limit legal immigration and to use an outdated practice called protectionism.

But if you want to run the risk and have companies move jobs overseas, be my guest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And why should it be increased in the first place? Are you saying legal immigration should be limitless? Yes, these jobs may move overseas (it's not like American citizens are doing these jobs here in the first place; it's cheap overseas workers performing them here too.) There are a multitude of solutions proposed to stop jobs from going overseas if our lawmakers can come to their senses and implement some of them.

Comment

The H1b program is already very limited. Approximately 65,000 visas issued each year. The number varies a bit up or down and is set by Congress each year. In normal times 65k is nothing. Not even close to what industry here needs. Shutting it down will cause those jobs to disappear overseas and the US ultimately looses out. Going protectionist never has worked well in the past.

Bill Gates Seeks Rise in Immigration of Highly Skilled Workers
        "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Ol Billie is one cheap you know what. He jus dont wanna pay the prevailing wage is all. Rather pay sum ones 1/3 and pockets the rest fer himself.

Sides not knowing diddly what ya talkin about, whens they replacin pilots with H1 types for 2.00 an hour I betcha you be changin yer tune.
          This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

Comment

mr. davdah, you have hit de nail on de head....we keep impotin' cheap labor in every conceivable occupation...so I wonder if BritWa.nker sings de same tune if some idiot pilot from Outer ***Phukk is at the helm of his 737, flipping madly through the pages of the flight manual while the plane wobbles all over the sky....we don't need more cheap labor displacing AMERICAN WORKERS...

Comment

If a company brings in a worker on an H1b visa, they have to pay the prevailing wage. That's the law. Bill is advocating extending the H1b system which means he supports paying the prevailing wage.

Comment

sorry BritWan.ker...but an H1B employer only has to sign a piece of paper claiming they will pay the prevailing wage....last year, hundreds of H1B employees were investigated...on average, they were being paid 35% less than the prevailing wage...so much for obeying the law....it's a simple fact of human life...businesses will say anything on paper (like immigration attorneys) but rarely obey the agreements they signed...and we keep bringing in more gas station attendants disguised as IT workers, more doughnut makes disguised as computer techs and more IT types who are paid roughly HALF of their American counterparts....yea H1Bs...what a great deal for the US worker.

Comment

Brit, the unemployed pilot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If a company brings in a worker on an H1b visa, they have to pay the prevailing wage. That's the law. Bill is advocating extending the H1b system which means he supports paying the prevailing wage.

When a waitress stopped them at the door and told them that the restaurant "did not serve Negroes," Watts replied, "I don't eat Negroes. I just came to get some ham and eggs." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boy, you is misguided. Ya has no clue how they be gettin round that requirement do ya?

Heres how it be workin. The H1B feller comes over and is hired at lowest entry level wage is all. Plus, they is put on a salary which means they can work em 80 hours a week makin the hourly rate about 1/2. Look it up how a salary person be workin versus hourly. Big diffrence.

Yer average american wont be toleratin that and would be paid proper. The H1b person dont know better and ends up a slave so billie be buyin them 100,000 square foot houses.

If that dont be hittin the nail fer ya maybe you needs hittin on yer noggin to understands the american worker be gettin screwed like that.

Comment

Actually it's very difficult for a pilot to come here on an H1b. Very few airlines will sponsor on that status. I've never heard of any successful H1b pilot hiring. Most require GC or better.

BTW, the average american probably wouldn't work an 80hr week anyway!

Comment

Oh really? Well, let me tells ya something.

Over yonder at gillespi they be training a lot of them foreign pilots. ya knows, the ones ya can't make out what in tarnation they be telling the tower or ground control. Shoot, they be a hazard from what I's can tell. But, they be flyen and gettin in the way. Cant stands their hundred touch n goes over in yuma. When I wants to land I gots to ***p them from the pattern. They whine and all but my friends tell them too bad and all. that er I shoot them down. Take yer picks.

But, I bethcha it wont be long befor your job be up fer grabs. Seein how you be so comfy they cants touch you it shows how you dont care fer anyones else but yerself. Thats yer typical lefty.

There be plenty of people on salary workin 80 hours or more per week. Yer average american be gettin upset and sick o this krap. Jus wait, maybe once yer job be sold out from under ya yer eyes might be opened. Espoecially since yer plane be a SEL. Not much needed fer a transport license.

Comment

The US is a popular destination for foreign pilots to train at their own cost because it is much cheaper than many European countries to learn to fly or hour build. Once they complete training here, they return to the home country either to fly for pleasure or to finish their commercial licenses.

With the new Pt 121 FAA duty regulations coming into effect soon, there will be a mini hiring boom by airlines so some of the 10,000 american and LPR unemployed pilots (a lot are high time experienced pilots) here will be picked up. There is no need for airlines to hire H1b pilots anytime soon.

Comment

This be one them intresting situatoins. Ya claims pilots have no reason to be fearin foreign competition. Kinda smug bout it too it seems. Well, why you so supportive of everyone else havin to tolerate sumthen you dont?

Ya know them pilots dont be makin the money they used to years back. Ya have any clue why? Its cause they be bringin in lots and lots of em so they aint got to pay the feller much. It be kinda the same thing with h1b but hib be even worse bein the foerign type will work fer even less. You be complainen months back bout sum pilots gettin foodstamps. Too manys wanten the same job be why. Adds in them foreigners who be workin for even less and yer buddies be homeless too. Why you ok with doin that to other people? That be cold, evil, and heartless. Ya'll lefties is a bunch of devil worshipen heathens.

Comment

You have no idea how the aviation industry works. The reason pilots are paid so little has nothing to do with the (non) influx of foreign pilots at all. It has more to do with the airlines trying to get away with paying as little as possible. US Airways slashed their pilot workforce in 2002 by about 40% and changed the work practices (putting 20yr captains in the right seat again) and cutting the retirement fund to make it almost worthless.

The 2009 Buffalo NY accident occurred because of poorly trained, low time pilots (both american) who got into a situation they shouldn't really have been in. Not surprising as Colgan Air is renown in the business for paying low wages. Most of the regional airlines are the same, even "legacy" major airlines have cut back a lot since 2001.

It's the business that's lowered pay not foreign pilots moron redneck. Foreigners don't work for less idiot. 10 years ago I talked to Comair about employment when I got my first EAD. I was told they can't hire anybody without GC. That was 10 years ago. Nothing has changed. If anything it's worse because of the TSA background checks required of all commercial working pilots. Many companies won't even look at you now unless you are a USC. My own company didn't hire an non-USC until 2008. They used to hire a lot of non-USC's before 911.

If you still believe reduction in pilot pay is because of foreign pilots taking american jobs and companies paying them less then you are a truly ignorant redneck.

Comment

I didnt say pilots be havin h1-b problems. See folks, these lefty types cant read. I says the pay problems be worse if there is h1-b people takin yer jobs.

I says they be havin competition issues is all. Too many fellers wantin too few jobs be why the pay be droppin. But there be a problem with yer customers too makin things worse. Here be how it works.

What people be expectin fer pay in this country keeps the wages somewheres above minimum wage. When ya bring in people used to workin for 50 cents a day or less they be thinkin minimum wage is a lottery and be willin to accept a very low wage.

This be messin up our labor pricing and marginal cost and revenue fer most everythings else. Is why our standard of liven be droppin. Ya lowers the wage and they cants be affordin things at the store. Them stores gots to drop prices and be lettin more people go too seein how they cant pay em a decent wage cause they cant be makin much profit eithah. It be creatin a perpetual downward pressure on everything since it all be connected.

That person workin at the store without a raise cause they have to sells stuff so cheap cant pay much fer a plane ticket. Yer bosses have to drop them ticket prices otherwise they gets no customers. Lower tickets means they cants pay much to pilots eithah. There ya go.

Dang, I just hit 10,000 posts. Yippie!

Comment

10k you go varmit!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I didnt say pilots be havin h1-b problems. See folks, these lefty types cant read. I says the pay problems be worse if there is h1-b people takin yer jobs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unbelievable where that conversation went, isnt it

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation