Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I marry an American here if.........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I marry an American here if.........

Hello to everybody,

I have a problem and I hope somebody can give me advice what to do.I am 23 years old from Bulgaria and I have been coming to the US with business visas.While I was here I decided I would like to pursue a degree in business and I applied for the university. I was accepted and they told me I have to go back to my country to apply for a student visa.I went back to Bulgaria and applied for a student visa there but it was denied.They told me that at my last trip to the US I didn't declare my intentions to study and I can't travel on business and suddenly decide that I want to study.They just issued me another business visa valid for 1 year.So I came back to the US and since I really wanted to study I decided to apply here for a change of status.The company I was visiting even signed some papers for me to guarantee for me.After 4 months waiting I received again a denial of my visa telling me that I violated the laws entering the country with B1/B2 and applying for a student visa.I hired a lawyer who told me he will file for a appeal.He submitted all the necessary papers and filed them again.After 8 months waiting I received denial again without the right to appeal.My visa expired a long time but I couldn't leave because I had pending application
    and it took so long.while I was here I met an American.We fell in love with each other and he wants to marry me.He is US citizen.I am worried now and I don't know what would happen if we get married here and if I will encounter many problems with INS since on practice I am illegal in the country now.Do I have to go back to marry him there?I am worried that if I go back they may not let me come in the US ...I will really appreciate it if anybody can advise me....Thank you very much and God Bless you ..

Hello to everybody,

I have a problem and I hope somebody can give me advice what to do.I am 23 years old from Bulgaria and I have been coming to the US with business visas.While I was here I decided I would like to pursue a degree in business and I applied for the university. I was accepted and they told me I have to go back to my country to apply for a student visa.I went back to Bulgaria and applied for a student visa there but it was denied.They told me that at my last trip to the US I didn't declare my intentions to study and I can't travel on business and suddenly decide that I want to study.They just issued me another business visa valid for 1 year.So I came back to the US and since I really wanted to study I decided to apply here for a change of status.The company I was visiting even signed some papers for me to guarantee for me.After 4 months waiting I received again a denial of my visa telling me that I violated the laws entering the country with B1/B2 and applying for a student visa.I hired a lawyer who told me he will file for a appeal.He submitted all the necessary papers and filed them again.After 8 months waiting I received denial again without the right to appeal.My visa expired a long time but I couldn't leave because I had pending application
    and it took so long.while I was here I met an American.We fell in love with each other and he wants to marry me.He is US citizen.I am worried now and I don't know what would happen if we get married here and if I will encounter many problems with INS since on practice I am illegal in the country now.Do I have to go back to marry him there?I am worried that if I go back they may not let me come in the US ...I will really appreciate it if anybody can advise me....Thank you very much and God Bless you ..

Comment

Don't leave the U.S. because you'll be barred from returning. Since you entered the U.S. legally, marry your fiance in the U.S. and file for adjustment of status. Your illegal overstay will be pardoned by the CIS because your spouse is a USC. You can find info about how to file for adjustment of status here: http://uscis.gov

Comment

sup is right, do what he/she said and DO NOT LEAVE the U.S. until you get GC.

I hope you kept copies of your visas and I-94 and, of course, your passport. And you will need your birth certificate.

Comment

Thank you very much for the info.I was really worried when I received this letter of denial from them saying that I violated the law when I didn't declare my intentions to study and I can't appeal and I am supposed to depart the country.I thought they may use this against me even if I get married here and file for papers for adjustment of status.Thank you very much again.I hope you are right.Do you know how long after I get married I can get my conditional green card...

Comment

on the day of the interview you get a stamp in your passport, and then your green card will arrive in the mail

Comment

Do you know how long after I get married I can get my conditional green card...
              that depends entirely on the state you live in.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation