Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a lawyer

Would anyone happen to know an inexpensive lawyer in the NYC area and surrounding states?

Would anyone happen to know an inexpensive lawyer in the NYC area and surrounding states?

Comment

what is your case?
      Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

I would go to one of the catholic centres, they help with legal advice. Try them.

Comment

try looking under a pile of steaming pile of manure...that is where immigration lawyers live.

Comment

My case is....I'm Canadian and unofficially engaged to an American. I realize that the border probably frowns upon people entering the US to visit prospective spouses so I'm having to come up with a story each time I cross. I'm also aware that they have proof of when I cross and am worried that they may eventually not let me over because it looks suspicious only going to my home country for a month at a time. My father (who I would need a DNA test from and have not yet tried to contact....it's been almost 30 yrs) is American. I've read that K-1s can take just as long as the actual green card application. Should I bother? Would they be suspicious of a 30yr. old living in Florida(which is where we eventually want to move) for six months out of the year?I'm obviously not retired. Thanks for your info and if "Someone12" could refrain from replying, I'd appreciate it, you never have anything good to say.

Comment

sorry SLB, but you don't get to decide whether I post a reply or not...remember Freedom of Speech??? Or is that just for certain people? Did you look under the steaming pile of manure yet?

Comment

I could not resist not to add smth to your question.

My first attorney in TX was incapable and cheater. He got the money and I lost the case. Of course I was not illegal. Then I was highly recomended to a very good attorney in NY. He got the money and I was told he was disbarded. What I have learned is you have to have a lot of money and a real immigration attorney. Without money you are not going to get anything. Do not try charities, you are not going to get anything via them. You will loose your time. Good luck!

Comment

First of all, Someone12, it's unfortunate you have so much free time on your hands...I feel sorry for you.

To Inspector45, how much money are you talking?I'm willing to pay....to a point. I'm going to try hard to get my father to comply but.....who knows...

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLB:
                    My case is....I'm Canadian and unofficially engaged to an American. I realize that the border probably frowns upon people entering the US to visit prospective spouses so I'm having to come up with a story each time I cross. I'm also aware that they have proof of when I cross and am worried that they may eventually not let me over because it looks suspicious only going to my home country for a month at a time. My father (who I would need a DNA test from and have not yet tried to contact....it's been almost 30 yrs) is American. I've read that K-1s can take just as long as the actual green card application. Should I bother? Would they be suspicious of a 30yr. old living in Florida(which is where we eventually want to move) for six months out of the year?I'm obviously not retired. Thanks for your info and if "Someone12" could refrain from replying, I'd appreciate it, you never have anything good to say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                    If your fiancée is a USC, she could petition you on a K1. I've not heard of them taking awfully long to approve. I imagine remaining in the USA for the maximum amount of time permitted could pose problems for you, if you frequently cross the border.
                    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

try www.aila.org

as they provide a referral service or www.lawyer.com

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources