Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DV-Diversity Visa

Does government give the Diversity visa lottery winners compensations when approved?. How about medical insurance? Thanks.
    I was told that they give monthly compensations for the first year but is it per person or per family? Thanks.

Does government give the Diversity visa lottery winners compensations when approved?. How about medical insurance? Thanks.
    I was told that they give monthly compensations for the first year but is it per person or per family? Thanks.

Comment

Huh?! You are on your own

Comment

shawn: Lottery is open to most of the nationals, its up to you. If you want to compit or not. US is also like other country, we also have all class of peoples.
        You mut be joking"Compensations for coming to US).
        US Govt. should stop this mess and clear the pending cases first, we are creating more mess with this lottery business.
        [This message was edited by Adam on March 09, 2004 at 05:12 PM.]

[This message was edited by Adam on March 09, 2004 at 05:15 PM.]

Comment

Yes....the compensation is that you have the opportunity to apply for and possibly receive a green card. I should think that should be compensation enough......I swear the gimme gimme mentality that exists in society today is going to make me cuckoo!

Comment

No.

Only refugees/asylees are eligible for some kind of Federal/State Assistance.
            DV winners are NOT.
            But they may qualify for Fed Aid to attend college/school to improve their skills and get a better job, which is ALL you need to stand firm on your feet in America.

For "free ride" one goes to Canada.

Good luck

Comment

Canada is not "free ride" in every situation...

BronzeLady,
              It seems to be getting worse with time, the younger a person is the less work ethic, etc. that I see. I realize that that does not apply to EVERY person but many that I have encountered. "What does the world owe ME??" When I look back at people that I have known, just at my own family members, the difference in attitude, work ethic, etc. is tremendous.

Comment

Personally, I think the Diversity Visa should be scrapped (inspite of the fact that my children have entered on the "off-chance" for the past 7 years). I don't see the point in having an annual "lottery" which must create a huge amount of work for the USCIS, who can't even begin to cope with their normal workload. Why not use those visa's for the thousands of people with approved or pending family and employment applications who have been waiting for years - and growing old and disillusioned in the process. If there is a need for "diversity", then allocate the visa's to those who are waiting from the approved diversity countries.

The ones who benefit most from the "Green Card Lottery", are the lawyers who exploit the would be winners, who pay outrageous fees for lawyers to prepare simple applications that most people could do themselves. It is common to see lawyers advertising these "services" internationally.

Comment

The reason for my question was that I met someone whom came to the US via the DV ticket and he claimed that the government pays him a check for one year along with assistance with the health insurance for the first year. Just wanted to confirm his claim. That's all.
                  Thanks for the comments.

Comment

Still Learning,

I don't know where it started but I swear if my son (who is all of 6 months old!) tries that stuff with me I may have to kill him.

Comment

Believe it or not, I have seen three families who came winning the DV lottery, are working without paying tax (for over 40 hours' work) and are also getting 'food stamp'. Isn't that a compensation?

In the beginning, they asked me similar question if they could get any compensation. I said 'no'. Now, they proved me 'wrong'.

Goodluck to those who can suck America as America rewards such people. At least I don't want to do that to live.

Comment

By the way, they have medicaid too LOL

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs