Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with Epired Passport

I will have my interview on June 15. I have an expired passport. I cannot renew my Malaysian passport because of the Malaysia govt rules. I need to travel back to Malaysia with a special permit whcih I can get easily. I plan to go back to Malaysia on June 30 after passing the interview. Will I get stamp on my passport after I pass the interview? If not, can I request any kind of document for reentry on the day of the interview? Thanks in advance.

I will have my interview on June 15. I have an expired passport. I cannot renew my Malaysian passport because of the Malaysia govt rules. I need to travel back to Malaysia with a special permit whcih I can get easily. I plan to go back to Malaysia on June 30 after passing the interview. Will I get stamp on my passport after I pass the interview? If not, can I request any kind of document for reentry on the day of the interview? Thanks in advance.

Comment

They wont stamp an expired passport.

Comment

Can you get a letter from Malaysian Embassy, why they can not renew your passport.

Never heard before. That Emabssy will not renew the passport.

According to the US Law, you must have a valid passport all the time as long as you are in the United States.
        when you apply for US Visa, your passport must be valid for six months at the time of your entery in to US.
        Answer: is NO, NO

Comment

I have heard of it before: I know someone form Thailand who applied for the 212(e) waiver through no objection statement. Thailand denied and further said they would not consider it until the cost of the persons education was paid back in triplicate. They gave them an estimate of $300k.

I helped them get a waiver through national interest. Thailand was pissed and said they would not renew the passport.

BTW of COURSE you can be in the U.S. on an expired or invalid passport, just look at all of those "protesters" marching in the street. The law means nothing to them why should it mean it anything to anyone?

The whole thing makes me sick. I can't tell you how many people I know who have paid all kinds of fines and fees and endured all kinds of hardships to do things legally.

THe person I helped from Thailand could not go home to see her sick mother.

Comment

That's good if the uscis can accept the expired.

All those who are here they are illegals, and most of them do not have a passports.

You have all kinds of peoples in each and every country.
            It's good if he can get away with this.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed