Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD renewal filed by internet

Has anyone tried to renew his/her EAD through the INS web page? They offer this service and I was wondering if it would be faster.

My district office is New York City but they have sent everything to Missouri (my AOS and my first EAD). In December I applied for Advance Parole and it took them 3 months just to send it to MIssouri (and to cash the check).

Anyone knows if the internet way will be faster?

Has anyone tried to renew his/her EAD through the INS web page? They offer this service and I was wondering if it would be faster.

My district office is New York City but they have sent everything to Missouri (my AOS and my first EAD). In December I applied for Advance Parole and it took them 3 months just to send it to MIssouri (and to cash the check).

Anyone knows if the internet way will be faster?

Comment

I did renew EAD online, but in Detroit district, so my situation may differ from yours. From what I can tell, once you file online, they will give you a receipt date and number right the way your and you call the office yourself to schedule an appointment for fingerprint; which can be done the same week. From there, you wait. Normally, it should be faster because their system will pick your information up directly from the web instead of waiting for someone else to enter the information you provided on a hard copy. Another advantage is that you can check your status online. I knew that mine for example was approved two weeks before I actually received the card in the mail.
      Hope it helps.

Comment

Cayita, what is your priority date for AOS since they are processing around May 2002 at NYC District office.

Comment

Vivek, this is my timeline:

- July 2003, filed AOS and EAD (marriage with k-1) at NY city office.

- September 14 2003, received notice from Missouri asking me to schedule fingerprints and biometrics.

- November 6, 2003, I had my fingerprints and biometrics done.

- November 18, 2003, I received my EAD.

- December 31, 2003, I applied for Advance Parole at NY city.

- March 1, 2004, received notice from Missouri that they have received my AP application.

- April 1, 2004, received my Advance Parole.

I am currently waiting for the AOS interview but is seems it will take a while.

Comment

Thanks Cayita.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs