Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 765 delay

Has anybody here experienced Working Permit application delayed or disapproved? ... Care to share your story?
    My application was submitted almost 100 days ago and receive nothing to this day. I called INS and they said they would investigate it and ask me to wait for another 30 days. I am really worried but there's nothing I can do now, while I can not work legally now .. (sigh).

Has anybody here experienced Working Permit application delayed or disapproved? ... Care to share your story?
    My application was submitted almost 100 days ago and receive nothing to this day. I called INS and they said they would investigate it and ask me to wait for another 30 days. I am really worried but there's nothing I can do now, while I can not work legally now .. (sigh).

Comment

You should schedule an infopass appointment at your local district office. You can do this if 90 days have passed and you still haven't gotten your card. Have you had your fingerprints taken yet?

Comment

Thanks Silviamka, you are right. Actually after I posted here I made my own research and found all the information just exactly like what you said.
        So the day after, I made an appointment thru Infopass and went to Seattle INS district office this morning. I arrived at 8.30AM and walked out at 10.00AM with a new Working Permit!! ... unbelievable but it's true. I was even more surprised when they gave me ONE year Interim WP, while according to what I read about people with the same experience, they only got 3 or 9 months Interim WP. Am I just lucky or what? :-) ... Anyway when I got home from that local district office, I got a letter from INS Nebraska Service Center explaining to me that they needed some more extra time to process my I-765 due to caseload. Well it's fine ... as long as I can work now (phew).
        My question now .. Do I need to return the interim card when I get my WP from Nebraska Service Center?.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation