X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-551 Stamp

Hi,

My wife was approved for a Greencard about a month ago. The DOA said that the card should arrive in about a month and did not stamp the passport becuase he was relatively new and did not get a stamp yet. Can I setup an Infopass appt. so she can get a stamp on her passport? She wants to see her parents becuase of their poor health. Thanks.

Hi,

My wife was approved for a Greencard about a month ago. The DOA said that the card should arrive in about a month and did not stamp the passport becuase he was relatively new and did not get a stamp yet. Can I setup an Infopass appt. so she can get a stamp on her passport? She wants to see her parents becuase of their poor health. Thanks.

Comment

I was also verbally (phone call) approved from the officer who interviewed us.
      It's been a month and I haven't received nothing no approval letter nor green card.
      I took an infopass appointment and the officers don't give me any answer.
      Does any one know what should I do? Please reply.

Comment

I also had my greencard appt about a month ago also, {on the 7 April 06} the officer didn't stamp my passport either but said I'll heard from him in 2 months I receive a welcome to America letter 3 days ago saying that I will receive my greencard in 3wks, they no longer give stamps because they send you the greencard alot sooner than before plus you can no longer travel with the stamp, that's what a lawyer told a friend of mine. please stay calm you don't want to do anything for they to keep your waiting to be longer, everytime you call or go there, they make you wait longer, it only a month! GOOD LUCK!!!

Comment

! GOOD
          Ajike,
          May I know which city or service center you filed your case.
          Mine was in Houston, TX.
          Also, how did you find out your case was approved: Did you receive a phone call?
          Thanks

Comment

Hi,

My case was filed in NYC. We're still waiting for the letter. It's been over a month. I guess I can wait another month or so. Does anybody know if they will stamp the passport if I set up a infopass appt?

Comment

Someone mentioned on one of the other sites that if it's more than a month than go ahead and inquire about the case.

Comment

my card processed in Chicago came in after 13 days .. had an error though so i sent it back .. and now they lost it .. HAH .. you gotta love the CIS

Comment

Hi, I file in NYC, I received a letter in the mail, as I said in the message, the office said I'll get his decision in 2 months but I receive the letter, a couple day less than a month welcoming me and that I'll receive the greencard in 3wks

Comment

{AMERUVIAN} They no longer stamp your passport, what they do is write your A# and the date of the appt, they said because you now receive the greencard alot faster than before no need to stamp the passport plus even if they styamp ypur passport it's not wise to travel without the greencard because the 10 years ban can still applied to you, lot of people now are stuck in they homeland because of that stamp and the I-131, so please don't travel until you receive the greencard in your hand.

Comment

My husband and I had our interview in Buffalo NY on April 11, 2006 for AOS.
                      We were told we would recieve a letter with instructions in a week or two. We were not approved at the time of the interview. They are questioning our age differance, and civil ceremony in his foreign country......it has been almost four years since then and we were married here in the states in October of 2004 after his arrival.
                      The officer said she had all the information in our file that she needed.>>???

My question is - My husband's EAD and K 3 Visa run out September 6, 2006. Will they be automatically extended because our AOS is in progress,.... or do we have to file for extentions?

Comment

May I ask whats the age difference.
                        Me and my wife had 6 years of difference and no questions asked.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation