Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GOT MY GREEN CARD YESTERDAY! INSPIRING STORY-HAVE TO READ!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOT MY GREEN CARD YESTERDAY! INSPIRING STORY-HAVE TO READ!!!!

Hello room
    For those of you have had read my earlier posts, I was in the biggest turmoil of my life as of yet..I am 28yrs old and have been in this INS cycle when I was 17yrs (11yrs of INS ****).Yesterday couldn have been a better Friday to party. I received a letter notifying me that my permanent residence status was approved! I should be receiving my green card in the mail within 1 yr and have the option of going to the local INS office to pick it up!! I am so happy everyone.

For those who havent read my post.Here it is. I was 17 when I came as a visitor to USA with my parents. We came across a family freind who pretended to be a lawyer, and basically convince my parents to overstay and file asylum. Really there was no need to file asylum. This guy took thousands of dollars from us and filed a FRAUDULENT asylum application. From here on our lives werent ever the same. My parents and I remained under that application for at least 2yrs before they decided to withdraw it. It turned out that the priority date of a 'relative' petition was finally here!!!My moms brother had filed to petition us to the USA 14 yrs ago. Due to this my parents withdrew the asylum. We all went to the interview together, except I turned 21yrs and by default was kicked out.(THIS WAS THE SADEST DAY OF MY LIFE). My parents were drilled by the interviewing officer since a thorough investigation revealed that my parents had filed a FRAUDUELNT asylum application. Because my mom refused to cover up anything and because she admitted being guilty of signing the papers, miraclously the officer granted them the PR!!!!! They were ecstatic. I however stumbled around and HUNG on to my last EAD card I had which was still valid. As each day went so did my chances to continue making a living. I landed a decent paying job and lets just say they never really checked my EAD after the hiring date. It was valid when I got in but expired fewm months later. I continued working for many many years (8-9yrs) on expired EAD, but never once did I attempt to commit fraud. I prayed hard while people my age were partying, and screwing around. I felt that life was unfair. No one could understand me except my girlfriend whom I met coincidentallt at 21 and my martial arts teacher and of course GOD. Although sometimes you just wonder why the higher power would put you thru such tests. Just so you all know, I could have married my girlfriend immiedaitly since she is a USC, but I chose not to. Thats because I wasnt in love until I was 23yrs old and realized we were madly in love..Every aspect of our relationship was so great. To cut the stories of my personal struggles and battles short, we finally married after I proposed to her last year in Oct 2003.

During the interview on 04/19/04, the officer thoroughly questioned us and eventaully brought up the ASYLUM case and TESTED me! I felt like if I dodged the

Hello room
    For those of you have had read my earlier posts, I was in the biggest turmoil of my life as of yet..I am 28yrs old and have been in this INS cycle when I was 17yrs (11yrs of INS ****).Yesterday couldn have been a better Friday to party. I received a letter notifying me that my permanent residence status was approved! I should be receiving my green card in the mail within 1 yr and have the option of going to the local INS office to pick it up!! I am so happy everyone.

For those who havent read my post.Here it is. I was 17 when I came as a visitor to USA with my parents. We came across a family freind who pretended to be a lawyer, and basically convince my parents to overstay and file asylum. Really there was no need to file asylum. This guy took thousands of dollars from us and filed a FRAUDULENT asylum application. From here on our lives werent ever the same. My parents and I remained under that application for at least 2yrs before they decided to withdraw it. It turned out that the priority date of a 'relative' petition was finally here!!!My moms brother had filed to petition us to the USA 14 yrs ago. Due to this my parents withdrew the asylum. We all went to the interview together, except I turned 21yrs and by default was kicked out.(THIS WAS THE SADEST DAY OF MY LIFE). My parents were drilled by the interviewing officer since a thorough investigation revealed that my parents had filed a FRAUDUELNT asylum application. Because my mom refused to cover up anything and because she admitted being guilty of signing the papers, miraclously the officer granted them the PR!!!!! They were ecstatic. I however stumbled around and HUNG on to my last EAD card I had which was still valid. As each day went so did my chances to continue making a living. I landed a decent paying job and lets just say they never really checked my EAD after the hiring date. It was valid when I got in but expired fewm months later. I continued working for many many years (8-9yrs) on expired EAD, but never once did I attempt to commit fraud. I prayed hard while people my age were partying, and screwing around. I felt that life was unfair. No one could understand me except my girlfriend whom I met coincidentallt at 21 and my martial arts teacher and of course GOD. Although sometimes you just wonder why the higher power would put you thru such tests. Just so you all know, I could have married my girlfriend immiedaitly since she is a USC, but I chose not to. Thats because I wasnt in love until I was 23yrs old and realized we were madly in love..Every aspect of our relationship was so great. To cut the stories of my personal struggles and battles short, we finally married after I proposed to her last year in Oct 2003.

During the interview on 04/19/04, the officer thoroughly questioned us and eventaully brought up the ASYLUM case and TESTED me! I felt like if I dodged the

Comment

SORRY...HERE IS THE REST OF THE STORY

Comment

I felt if I dodged the officers questions, it would look like a cover up and I would look like a criminal. So I told the truth. She said it was fraud. And left it at that. SHe advised us that the case would have to be reviewed further and it wouldl take over a month to reply to us...I couldnt believe it. My GF and I were both upset --or wife I should say. Almost 2wks later, 04/30/04, we got that magical letter. I was on the verge of giving up all hope and was pretty sure that I was going to be punished for that fraudelnt ASYLUM application. I was a minor then. So I guess I lucked out and with some serious devotion time to prayers paid off. God finally showed his light...and now I have to make sure I can keep this energy and faith in him alive...Its easy to lose faith in him in times like these...but it is beautiful in the end when u do get your prayers answered.

Those who are in an INS chaos, I wish everyone of you the best. Everyone in this room, I wish u all the best.. Never give up...I will miss this board ...I will really...I will check in every now and then and if anyone has questions and wants to know more about me , please dont hesitate.

And now I am planning to take trip to RENO and party there with my girlfreind (WIFE) .I hate saying wife...Thats too formal..I like saying girlfriend cus than we end up playing like little kids and life doesnt seem so FORMAL and serious....Good luck all of you.
        And pray!

Comment

where's the rest of the story???????

Comment

Ok I see it

Comment

Congratulations on defrauding America !

Comment

HEY RON GOOD LUCK BRO! YOUR HONESTY PAID OFF MAN! ENJOY AND HOPEFULLY ONE DAY I WILL BE ABLE TO COME TO USA AND DO THE AMERICAN DREAM TOO! SO LOOK FOR A GIRL FOR ME SO I CAN MARRY HER AND COME OVER HEHEHEHE! JUST KIDDIN MAN! HAVE FUN IN NEVADA

Comment

so happy for ya ron!

Comment

Even I could've told you the DAO (ahem approval stamp experts ahem) would've approved you.

Mainly in a nutshell, it costs the govt less money to just give you a gc, then the expense of trying to do all the paperwork to remove you, deny you the gc, blah blah blah. If you had a lawyer he could've told you that too. Saved you YEARS of headache.

But too late now. You got it. Now pay back something to the country besides overstaying
                    "tourist" visas dammit!

-= nav =-

Comment

He who does not like the word WIFE should NOT get MARRIED!
                      Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

Seriously Dude...

People are going to 'wonder' if you keep referring to your wife as your girlfriend.

ARQU

Comment

I think some of you are really missing the point. Michael - you are should try chatting in a 12-13 yr chatroom and if lucky, you may even get laid for once in your life. You sound like you had something major happen in your life and for that reason your comments (not just here) reflect the weak nature of your character. Hey man... I feel sorry for you if thats all you have to offer the room ..I hope whatever is stuck up your **** hole will heal thru time. Good luck. You need it.

ARQU: Hey. When I introduce my girl to people, I intorduce her as my 'WIFE" We laugh about it after wards because we think it sounds really formal and grown up... Lighten the **** up! Its an inside husband and wife joke.

JOSEPHINE: Sorry if your husband screwed you over ..Ever heard of battered women counselling. You need it you male bashing woman! If that is what u are...Go preach somewhere else.

MOONDIN: I like your sense of humor..Thanks for the note.

ROB: Thanks Rob.

DUDE: You couldnt have said it better..Wish u the best too bro.

Comment

If he screwed me over, then why is he flopped on the couch watching t.v.?
                            Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

Thats because he cant 'perform' well-which in turn reflects your bitterness. I understand. Dont blame you...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation