•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when can i start applying N-400 if i am a spouse of USC

Hi all,
    Questions for you:
    I am the conditional green card holder because i married to my husband, a u.s. citizen. I have this card since 02/03/04. I know that i have to file I-751 to remove my condition 3 months before the expire date. When can i file N-400? 3 years after holding conditinal GC or 3 years after I holding permanent GC? What about my son? He came to America with me. Is he in the same situation with me?

Hi all,
    Questions for you:
    I am the conditional green card holder because i married to my husband, a u.s. citizen. I have this card since 02/03/04. I know that i have to file I-751 to remove my condition 3 months before the expire date. When can i file N-400? 3 years after holding conditinal GC or 3 years after I holding permanent GC? What about my son? He came to America with me. Is he in the same situation with me?

Comment

90 days before 3 years anniversary as a resident. In your case 90 days before 02/03/07 or beginning of November of the next year.

Comment

edgrapes,
        Thank you very much for your information.
        I have one more question, what about my son, he came to the U.S. with me. Can he file N-400 3 years after holding GC or he has to do so after 5 years holding permanent GC. Is there any website i can find those informations.
        Thank You again, edgrapes

Comment

Your son will derive his citizenship from yours, the moment you become a citizen. You can apply for his US passport when you obtain your Certificate of Naturalization. To obtain his Certificate you'll need to file N600.

Comment

Aibolit,
            Thank you very much for your information too.
            Is there any age restriction for my son. Does he have to be under 18 years old in order to file N-600?

Comment

Yes, your son must be under 18 years to derive citizenship from you.

Comment

Yes, your son must be under 18.

Comment

Hi, Aibolit
                  Thank you again. One more question for you.
                  If my son is 19 years old when i naturlized, assume that he cannot file N-600, does he have to wait 5 years to file N-400 for hisself, or 3 years is enough?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation