X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. citizen sponsoring mother and brother

Hello Everyone,

I would appreciate if someone helped me in letting me know what are the documents that I need to file to sponsor my mother and my brother. Also, once I sponsor my brother and if he finds work in the U.S. and the company sponsors him could I drop my sponsorship and have the company sponsor him instead? What if he fell in love and got married could my process be interrupted too? I am U.S. citizen and would appreciate all your help.

Thanks in advance

Hello Everyone,

I would appreciate if someone helped me in letting me know what are the documents that I need to file to sponsor my mother and my brother. Also, once I sponsor my brother and if he finds work in the U.S. and the company sponsors him could I drop my sponsorship and have the company sponsor him instead? What if he fell in love and got married could my process be interrupted too? I am U.S. citizen and would appreciate all your help.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi Chance,

Insofar as the documents are, here are they: USCIS info for parents and siblings.

The other old-timers can help you about the question regarding your brother if he gets a job or marries.

Good luck.
      Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

Comment

It makes a difference whether your mother is in the US or outside. If she's here on tour after two months from entry, you just file for her the petition and AOS packet (I-130/I-485/I-765/I-864, etc.). If she's outside, just file Form I-130 and she'll go thru a consular processing later.

In the case of your brother, it's better if he'd look for other immigration options because the benefit he could derive from you nearly amounts to nothing - the wait would be very, very long.

Comment

Reality check:

New LPR. His brother petitioned for him when he was still running under the table.

Have all the good s.ex you can, in all the ways you can, for as long as ever you can !

-- Sabuntium The Great

Comment

Sabuntium, LOL!

Hey RN, you're here. Good that Chance is getting a more specific reply.
            Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

Comment

God you guys are funny. I know my brother will wait a long time but how long is a long time? Country: Brazil. it would be better if he looked into other option but does it have any impact if i file it for him? if other options come along we could just work on that route? I mean by me filing on his behalf it would be a long time and lots of things can happen. Thanks guys

Comment

For Brazil, it could be around 10-15 years. Regulations allow dual (or even multiple) filings of immigration benefits for the same alien. But you may have to withdraw the other(s) when one petition or application prospers earlier.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation