X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life Legalization Update--AZ

Hi AZ:
    Long time did not hear from you, I hope everything OK with you. Anything new with your case. My case was denied and I'm in process of appealing to AAO.

Hi AZ:
    Long time did not hear from you, I hope everything OK with you. Anything new with your case. My case was denied and I'm in process of appealing to AAO.

Comment

On what basis was it denied?

Comment

To deca:
        They denied my application because I left the country in 1984 for one month and came back with visa, they claim my legal enter make me ineligible for life act. I have all kind of evidence that I was living here from 1981-1988.
        What is the status of your application, did you go through Life interview and what is the outcome? Do you know anybody got his GC through Life?

Comment

Still waiting for interview date, Had fingerprints done again( local D.O. request).My son had interview date , postponed ,as he was a dependent at that time. Will interview all of us together .They are requesting additional files.(different A#'s).Been here since 1980 and on and also left briefly in 1982.Plenty of evidence to proof . I think the illegal RESIDENCE( '82- "88) is the key.
          Go to the B.A decisions for that period on the INS website.Check out , Matter of P , Nov. 1988, Interim Decision # 3090

[This message was edited by dece on February 18, 2004 at 07:35 AM.]

Comment

Also check out http://www.ghp-law.net/ Go to IAP vs INS

[This message was edited by dece on February 18, 2004 at 10:19 AM.]

Comment

Hi Depika:

I appealed my intent ot deny letter and I haven't heard from them yet.

In your case, if the only objection is that you left the country in 1984 and came back with a visa is ridiclous. have you looked at the new settlement Center for Human Rights has reached witht the USICS. It clearly states that those who left the contry and came back with valid visa should be able to apply and adujust their status. Talk to your attorney and see what he/she has to say.

http://www.centerforhumanrights.org/...lassNotice.pdf

Best of luck.

AZ

Comment

After I appeal my Life Legalization to Administrative Appeals Office (AAO) in Washington, DC, I'm I still be entitled to work authorization and Advance Parole in case I want to travel. Any idea how long is the appeals process? Does anybody go through the appeals process through AAO, any idea or suggestion? Thanks

Comment

I am wondering if anybody has received a green card through life act. I have heard a lot of scary stories and none where somebody has received a green card? Anybody???

Comment

I wish the USCIS or the Center for human rights and constitutional Law issue report about Life legalization, like how many people applied, denied, approved, pending cases, appealed case, approved after appeal and denied after appealed.
                    May be somebody in this portal have more information about Life/CSS/LULAC cases, if so please post your reply?
                    I know in the latest amnesty cases the CIS should publish these report quarterly!!!!

Comment

Does the 245(i) actually go into the LIFE act? Does anyone know for sure? What is the approval rate for 245(i)?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation