Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marriage question (please help)

hello everyone, i need help with my situation, i crossed the mexico border 5 years ago and living in US illegally since then, my mom is an american resident and my stepdad is a 35 years military in this country, i never had a solid answer for my problem from attorneys that i talked, me and my girlfriend (also american citizen) are thinking in get married, but i am not sure if this gonna cause her trouble, i was born in brazil but i am also a greek citizen, wich would be the best solution to fix my situation ??? thanks in advance !!!

hello everyone, i need help with my situation, i crossed the mexico border 5 years ago and living in US illegally since then, my mom is an american resident and my stepdad is a 35 years military in this country, i never had a solid answer for my problem from attorneys that i talked, me and my girlfriend (also american citizen) are thinking in get married, but i am not sure if this gonna cause her trouble, i was born in brazil but i am also a greek citizen, wich would be the best solution to fix my situation ??? thanks in advance !!!

Comment

Did your mother or somebody else ever file an i130 petition for you b4 April 30,2001? If she did or somebody else did then you could adjust status in the US, if you married your girlfriend and is not going to get you or her in trouble as long as the marriage is genuine and not a fraud. If that's not the case unfortunately you will have to go for consular processing which means apply for the I130 with consular processing then it gets forward to the National Visa Center then wait to get an interview in the consulate for the visa which will get denied due to your unlawful presence. That's when you'll need to apply for the i601 waiver. Is not as simple but hope it gives you an idea.

Comment

gigi..i have a friend who was denied entry traveling on a tourist visa he was stopped at the sea port by the inspector after questioning he addmitted he was living and working in the us.he now has an approve i130 through his wife and is waiting on an interveiw back in his country from the consolate so there is a chance he may be denied?he also file for a wavier but that has not come back yet..his wife is a usc and the marriage is real.thanks in advance for your reply..

Comment

gigi also he did not get consolate processing he said his info was sent from the embassy on to the us for processing he was told since his wife was not living with him in his country it has to go to the us where his wife lives which was approve in the us. the wavier hasnt come back yet but what would be the next step?

Comment

thanks gigi, nobody file anything for me yet, yes, our marriage would be genuine !!! i just dont want to leave the country without her, but i dont know if there is any concret solution staying here...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation