X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shaggy
    replied
    Just recieved my green card but need my name changed to reflect a family name i would like to use before getting married in a few months. I dont know how this affects my green card or what the INS has to say about this. I believe the name change in itself is a simple process and i could always call the ins 800 number to reflect the change on my green card but then, what about my passport, i dont see them agreeing to change my name as it seats on my passport. All i need done is change my last name to something else but keep my current last name as my middle name. All other names stay the same. I live in Tampa Florida and just not sure how to proceed. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• shaggy
    started a topic name change and how it affects me/ins

name change and how it affects me/ins

Just recieved my green card but need my name changed to reflect a family name i would like to use before getting married in a few months. I dont know how this affects my green card or what the INS has to say about this. I believe the name change in itself is a simple process and i could always call the ins 800 number to reflect the change on my green card but then, what about my passport, i dont see them agreeing to change my name as it seats on my passport. All i need done is change my last name to something else but keep my current last name as my middle name. All other names stay the same. I live in Tampa Florida and just not sure how to proceed. Thanks.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney