Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCF in London or I-130/I485 in US

I am hoping to emigrate with my 9 month old son in a few months time. I've read a lot about the possible ways of getting a visa but am still a bit confused. Does anyone know if I can file an I-130 DCF application via my local embassy and then get a K-4 visa allowing my son to travel out to the States with me while his application is being processed??? Does anyone know how long the DCF process takes and how much advance notice they give you of the interview?
    My other option would be to file the I-130 /I-485 once in the US but am concerned (a) as to issues of 'pre-conceived intent' (HOW is this determined?) and (b) length of time this could take. Would really appreciate some advice. John Doe , you seem especially knowledgeable ; )!

I am hoping to emigrate with my 9 month old son in a few months time. I've read a lot about the possible ways of getting a visa but am still a bit confused. Does anyone know if I can file an I-130 DCF application via my local embassy and then get a K-4 visa allowing my son to travel out to the States with me while his application is being processed??? Does anyone know how long the DCF process takes and how much advance notice they give you of the interview?
    My other option would be to file the I-130 /I-485 once in the US but am concerned (a) as to issues of 'pre-conceived intent' (HOW is this determined?) and (b) length of time this could take. Would really appreciate some advice. John Doe , you seem especially knowledgeable ; )!

Comment

2 questions:

1. Are you a USC who has lived in U.S. for at least 10 years (5 of which are after age 14)? Or is your husband a USC that falls under the same rules I stated before?

2. Have you brought the child to the U.S. yet?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation