Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice on US Immigration.

Hi. I am Canadian and married to an American. I got married in the US this summer. We filed the 1-130. I made the mistake of coming to Canada for a visit.We had only just sent in the I 130 form and I though I would be ok but I was denied re-entry. My I-130 has just been approved and I want to know what the next step should be. I want to be with my husband again. This has been so hard to deal with. I never overstayed my time in the US, never worked illegally,etc. I get a different story from anyone I talk to here in Canada. My husband gets a different story in the US. I have been to all the websites and I honestly don't find them very informative or helpful. I am so lost and confused and sad by all this. We have talked about me driving to the US, that scares me too. I don't want to get in any trouble. I have a clean record and want it to stay that way. Could I get arrested or deported if I did that? The approved I 130 form states that I can take it to the closest Immigration offive in the US. Any advice is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi. I am Canadian and married to an American. I got married in the US this summer. We filed the 1-130. I made the mistake of coming to Canada for a visit.We had only just sent in the I 130 form and I though I would be ok but I was denied re-entry. My I-130 has just been approved and I want to know what the next step should be. I want to be with my husband again. This has been so hard to deal with. I never overstayed my time in the US, never worked illegally,etc. I get a different story from anyone I talk to here in Canada. My husband gets a different story in the US. I have been to all the websites and I honestly don't find them very informative or helpful. I am so lost and confused and sad by all this. We have talked about me driving to the US, that scares me too. I don't want to get in any trouble. I have a clean record and want it to stay that way. Could I get arrested or deported if I did that? The approved I 130 form states that I can take it to the closest Immigration offive in the US. Any advice is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Nothing to worry about. Since you are an immidiate relative of a USC so you don't have to wait too long. But it might take a few months. Do not panic and do any thing illegal as you said earlier. Just call USCIS and tell them that your case should be sent to National Visa Centre for Consular Processing not for Adjustment of Status. Then they will send the doccuments to US Embassy in canada which is responsible for issuing Immigrant Visas. In the meantime your husband can drive to Canada to see you every now and then.

Good Luck & Best wishes.

Comment

Are you near Calgary?

I know a GREAT immigration lawyer in Calgary - Honest and fair and VERY knowledgeable. They deal with all the oil companies in both countries and they know all the immigration stuff.

Comment

Why don't you send the great lawyer's address, please. For the benefits of all in need.

Comment

Wilhemina, your husband can take legal advice at happy_in_us@yahoo.com Mrs. Cristina Milaciu immigration paralegal who can help you send the right forms at the rigth address so you can have your K3 visa at the american consulate in Canada like was said above by Young Man.

All the best!
            Frank G. Becker & Associates
            www.USImmigrationForAll.com

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources