X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-400 Residency section

Hi,
    I am looking for advice on completing the residency section of form N-400. My situation is as follows:

I received PR status in Aug 1999, stayed in the US for 2 weeks, returned to my home country for less than 180 days to organize my job transfer between my then employer and their branch in the US. I returned to the US in Feb 2000. Since then, I only left the US for approx. 20 days each year.

My questions: Do I enter a foreign address in the residency section for the period in between Aug 1999 and Feb 2000? Is this going to raise questions with the INS? Or should I wait to apply for CS until this period falls outside of the 5 year residency history?

Thanks.

Hi,
    I am looking for advice on completing the residency section of form N-400. My situation is as follows:

I received PR status in Aug 1999, stayed in the US for 2 weeks, returned to my home country for less than 180 days to organize my job transfer between my then employer and their branch in the US. I returned to the US in Feb 2000. Since then, I only left the US for approx. 20 days each year.

My questions: Do I enter a foreign address in the residency section for the period in between Aug 1999 and Feb 2000? Is this going to raise questions with the INS? Or should I wait to apply for CS until this period falls outside of the 5 year residency history?

Thanks.

Comment

I would saay that if you put the foreign address under the residence section, you are self-stating that you considered the time abroad as establishing a new residence there.

Comment

You should use your US address not foreign country in residence portion.

Had you applied for re-entry permit when you left the country for less than 180 days. If you applied than your first two years will not count toward your residence. In that case you can apply after 4 years and 1 day.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation