Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get a work permit fee refund??

I sent in application on April 9 and a check for $175 for the renewal of my work permit.
    Then I received a letter from immigration to go take the biometrics to continue on the work permit renewal and went on April 19.

I got a call from INS to go for a meeting on April 25 and they approved my permanent residency right there!!!!!

So right now my work permit renewal is being still processed, but I don't need it no more!

Can I get the $175.00 back somehow???

I sent in application on April 9 and a check for $175 for the renewal of my work permit.
    Then I received a letter from immigration to go take the biometrics to continue on the work permit renewal and went on April 19.

I got a call from INS to go for a meeting on April 25 and they approved my permanent residency right there!!!!!

So right now my work permit renewal is being still processed, but I don't need it no more!

Can I get the $175.00 back somehow???

Comment

I understand that $175 is quite a lot of money, but shouldn't you just be happy that you have received your Permanent Residency? I remember how happy and excited I was when I became a Permanent Resident. In any event, I believe that all fees are non-refundable.

Comment

Well I'm indeed very happy!

It was just bad timing I guess...
        Whenever I get the work permit I may trash it then.

Comment

From my prospective, the fees you pay are for the processing of a document. You've already been processed, regardless of the outcome I don't think you are entitled to a refund.

Comment

Nope...the work permit renewal is like seperate from the AOS, as a matter of facts if I got to BCIS site with my receipt number and check the status on the renewal they still saying is being processed!

Comment

Which means they are working on it! so they have to be compensated for that work/time/effort...

Comment

with any luck you will get your money back because hey may find that your case is processed and that your work permit is no longer needed. But that is with any luck and that they pay attention when they process your case once again.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation