X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please

Greetings,
    In october of 2007,the law fiem that is representing me and my faily receaved a correspondence that requested the submission of ds-230 forms and affidavit of support.
    My problem is the lawyer was employed by my sister in-law husband who keep telling me that everything is ok. i called the visa center and was told that they have not receaved any information from the lawyer since he submitted our fees for visas and affidavit of support fees.
    We tried to consult a new lawyer but was advised that ,the process would have to start all over again if we changed lawyers.
    My question is can we submitt the documents on our own for the process to continue or do we have to suffer the continued delay with my in laws lawyer. It is now seven months since the documents were requested. thanks.

Greetings,
    In october of 2007,the law fiem that is representing me and my faily receaved a correspondence that requested the submission of ds-230 forms and affidavit of support.
    My problem is the lawyer was employed by my sister in-law husband who keep telling me that everything is ok. i called the visa center and was told that they have not receaved any information from the lawyer since he submitted our fees for visas and affidavit of support fees.
    We tried to consult a new lawyer but was advised that ,the process would have to start all over again if we changed lawyers.
    My question is can we submitt the documents on our own for the process to continue or do we have to suffer the continued delay with my in laws lawyer. It is now seven months since the documents were requested. thanks.

Comment

Hello alpha

Welcome to the board.

This is for K3?
      I dont quite understand what you are trying to accomplish here....

The firm submitted your visa application and affadavit of support along with the fees. what is it that you exactly want to know from the lawfirm? The "visa center" did not tell you that the apps were not received, or that there was no record of them.

I am going to send you to website with lots of information on K3 and timelines of such. link

Try to be patient. I know you are anxious, but these things take time sometimes. so before you start problems in marriage with relatives involved, check out timelines etc with other posters that have gone thru the same.

Best wishes

Comment

You can file those things without a lawyer, infact, the Affidavit of Support is supposed to be signed by the petitioner and the DS-230 filled out and signed by the beneficiary.

You basically have three months between each part of the process to return the requested documents. After three months, they will consider it abandoned.

Contact the NVC and ask them what's required, and ask for the forms to be re-sent to you.
        The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Thanks 4now and Aroha,
          It is my mom who a us citizen that applied for me,my problem is; it is now seven months that ds-230 and affidavit of support was requested. I called the visa center and they are saying that they have not receaved these documents even though the lawyer is saying that they have been subitted or resubitted a month ago.
          The other problem is i have two kids that may have aged out since they are now 24 and 25 yrs. old. Our priority date was 9 DEc 1999. I am in my home country Belize but planning to travel to Ny, where my in-laws are to find some answers.
          Thanks once again.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed