Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're proving my point, Brit. LOL.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aroha:
      Brit, you can't lay it all at the tea party's door. They haven't been around that long. Both sides are to blame, like it or not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well, for the last few years, we need to lay the majority of the blame to the Tea Party. If you think the tea party is fiscally conservative, then you do not know what fiscally conservative actually means. If some members of the tea party want uninsured to die without any chance of charity, whether privately or from government, then it will soon be generally accepted of the tea party just like the anti immigrant fervor is. If you think this is a zero sum game, then American poltiics, and its political system, has been doing this since the days of John Adams. It is not perfect, but is far better than the Articles of Confederation, which is the Tea Party goal anyways.

The tea party has this attitude of either "feet first" or "head first." SOH Boehner has been thrown under the bus on more than one occasions and has to balance a more volitile House than Pelosi with the Progressives. this unwillingness by the Tea Party for purely idealogical reasons has now made the government unmanageable So, trying to put more blame on the Dems and/or the Establishment Reps, when it is unneccessary and unwaranted, shows that the Tea Party is not only bad for the Reps but for the American political system in general.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aroha:
        Assuming Perry even gets the nomination, Brit. There are a couple of other interesting names making waves. What happens to the racist tea party/GOP label if Cain gets it?

Regardless, the last time CIR was on the table it was a bipartisan effort under Bush and it failed on a bipartisan level with the Dem/Independant no votes making the difference. The big problem is that no one is willing to take a middle ground. It's all or nothing. The partisan pissing competition indulged in by politicians and supporters alike is only hurting the country. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
        Cain will never get the nomination or win the election, and neither Santorum, Bachmann, Huntsman (whom I like out of the field), Paul, or any of the other minor candidates. It will basically be either Perry or Romney. both have their flaws and both can drive away the independents just as much as Obama can.

As for CIR, that was eliminated because of the amendment to eliminate family migration in exchange for illegal immigration. It was passed as a way out for the flawed CIR compromise. And it was hoped that a better CIR would be available soon. It was just that nobody expected a major recession to hit shortly after the rejection of CIR, but still, CIR is needed, just in two steps.
        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Hudson, I wasn't defending the Tea Party and I never once mentioned fiscal conservatives. I merely pointed out that they're not to blame for absolutely everything. There is a lack of willingness to compromise on both sides and in my experience, as much (if not more) nastiness and vitriol from the left as from the right. Even on this forum, it's obvious that the divide goes far deeper than a three year old movement.
          The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

The US used to have consensual politics until very recently. Compromise is now a dirty word in some circles (IMO the Far Right). Even Reagan raised taxes and ensured that the medically uninsured would have access to the ER. Clinton signed the 1996 IIRIRA which was largely a Republican written Bill. Whether you agree with it or not, what happened to those days??
            "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Hudson, I wasn't defending the Tea Party and I never once mentioned fiscal conservatives. I merely pointed out that they're not to blame for absolutely everything. There is a lack of willingness to compromise on both sides and in my experience, as much (if not more) nastiness and vitriol from the left as from the right. Even on this forum, it's obvious that the divide goes far deeper than a three year old movement. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
              It was never specifically directed at you Aroha or stated that you were defending the tea party. It is why I used the operative word "if" in my statements.

It has been going on since the days of Nixon and got into primetime when Newt Gingrich became speaker of the House. In those days, the members of Congress from opposite political specrums use to have lunch. Newt ended that practice with caucus meetings. The 24/7 political news frenzy, the AM Talk Radio, and the blogs has mortified and exemplified the voter populace. Fear is what now drives these elections and it is fear that allows people to believe what they want to believe. What happened toward Bush is also what is happening toward Obama and the one group that got eliminated were the moderates from both parties.

However, I still maintain that the tea party is still at fault since 2008. they are not willing to compromise whereas the Progressives are to some degree. It is not much, but it is enough of a difference to put the tea party in the anti American agenda. I am sure that your husband will disagree, but that is another discussion for another day.

Comment

Hi Brit Buddy 0. No actually i am still the same old troll of yester year just reading, watching etc. How ya doin buddy . I am just floating around soaking up all the BS, and anything new i can see. OMG, hudson still here it miracle! lol
                USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Iperson Too??? lol. Dear lord how is it possible.
                  USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation