Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• married to an illegal immigrant

I know alot of people have the same issue I do. I have been married 2 years, my husband is illegal, I know there probably isnt much we can do to make legal, but this is all new to me and I really don't even know where to begin or if we can do anything.

I know alot of people have the same issue I do. I have been married 2 years, my husband is illegal, I know there probably isnt much we can do to make legal, but this is all new to me and I really don't even know where to begin or if we can do anything.

Comment

he came into this country illegally from Mexico when he was 19, we have a marriage license I don't know if that means anything

Comment

he is actually 24 and we have a marriage license which says at the bottom of it certificate of marriage, I don't know if that means anything. He has not really been in any trouble other he was caught driving with out a valid drivers license, we started the process with immigration and I sponsored him, he recieved the torch approval paper a year ago but we were told we could not do no more because of him coming here illegaly, jumping the border I can't get in any trouble by posting this on here, Can I?

Comment

If so many people weren't trying so badly to immigrate or stay in this country, may be there wouldn't be that much talk about immigration..
          I can't wait to see when administration and DHS starts deporting illegals in truly large numbers.

As to OP: Consult an immigration attorney.

Good luck

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RationalE:
            If so many people weren't trying so badly to immigrate or stay in this country, may be there wouldn't be that much talk about immigration..
            I can't wait to see when administration and DHS starts deporting illegals in truly large numbers.

As to OP: Consult an immigration attorney.

Good luck </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might want to edit this post - reread it and check for spelling since you call others on it.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You might want to edit this post - reread it and check for spelling since you call others on it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I don't want to.
              But I never object anyone correcting my errors (apparently you missed my posts where I welcomed any such attempt).
              And I most of all call others to perfect their reading comrehension skills -&gt; when they reply to my posts (spelling is not an issue, comprehension is).

Regards,

RationalE

Comment

If the word is misunderstood or doesn't exist, one could simply ask.

Comment

Hi Miranda, after reading up on a few things about immigration, if you are legally married and he has not been in any serious trouble with the law, I think you can file AOS, but you will have to file a waiver I think it is a I 601? he will have to leave the US eventually, and have his interview in Mexico, check out this website

http://immigrate2us.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6

they seem to know alot about the waivers, what to do, and best place to have interview in Mexico.

there are alot of woman on this site in the same position you are in.

Comment

Thank you Davdah, it's amazing what you learn on these forums, I know they have helped me out alot.

Comment

I just wanted to say thank you to davdah and Jake01 for all your helpfull information. I will check out the immigrate2us site.

Comment

This **** is still an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT. If you "love" him so much, move to mexico with him.

Comment

Why are people so hateful on here, apart from a few people that give some good sound advise, the rest just make nasty comments, WHY?

Is this not an Immigration discussion forum where people can come here and discuss how they can sort there problem out, and get some advise and opinions without having to put up with the nasty , and sometimes racist comments.

Is there not a weekly chat with a lawyer that people who need help can post questions?

Perhaps this forum should be changed to Illegal immigrant haters discussion forum.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jake01: Perhaps this forum should be changed to Illegal immigrant haters discussion forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Proposed edit: <STRIKE>Illegal</STRIKE> immigrant haters discussion forum

I get the sense that some on this board do not support immigration, period--even the legal variety. Particularly where certain countries or ethnic groups are involved.

Comment

But Davdah, a lot of people come here to rectify there illegal immigration problem.

And from what I have read quite a number of illegal mexicans that work also pay taxes, that can't be all bad,

I can understand, why people get angry when illegal immigrants are coming over and claiming off the government and using the welfare system.

I felt the very same back in the UK.

Infact my Dad was telling me that the UK Government is now giving Assylum Seekers the equivalent to $12,000 to get started in the UK, now that is wrong!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation