X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprint_girl07
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spider24:
    Thanks a bunch, Sprint_girl07, SunDevilUSA, TheFabAnne and HBKHBK, for taking the time to respond to my very urgent question. It truly has made my day, my week, and indeed my whole Summer! This is a great forum, made up of some very quality individuals indeed! I can now relax and really enjoy our little get together in Canada

A follow up question is, any ideas how long the typical time interval between the interview and the oath ceremony is? Would it be a good idea to inform the interviewing officer that I will be gone for a month so that he/she not set my (oath) date too soon? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Spider,

It depends really, on where you live and how often they do Oath Ceremonies in your area.

It can happen the same day as the interview, to up to 2 weeks weeks on average. Again it depends where you are.

You could tell them at interview sure. Maybe they can get you in same day or next day or something if possible.

IF you check out immigrate2us.com, there you will find people with timelines posted and experiences with interviews/oath dates in certain areas.

Have a good trip

Leave a comment:

• Spider24
    replied
    Thanks a bunch, Sprint_girl07, SunDevilUSA, TheFabAnne and HBKHBK, for taking the time to respond to my very urgent question. It truly has made my day, my week, and indeed my whole Summer! This is a great forum, made up of some very quality individuals indeed! I can now relax and really enjoy our little get together in Canada

A follow up question is, any ideas how long the typical time interval between the interview and the oath ceremony is? Would it be a good idea to inform the interviewing officer that I will be gone for a month so that he/she not set my (oath) date too soon?

Leave a comment:

• HBKHBK
    replied
    Not true, they often take away your GreenCard during the "us citizen interview aka test"

But, it does not matter eitherway if they take your greencard away or not, because you will receive a stamp into your passport,that equals as a geen card for a short time,until you receive your U.S. - citizenship....

so no worries,either u keep the actual greecard until you become a citizen or they take it away at the interview,but u will get a stamp into your passport.

So no worries,eitherway you'll be fine!

Leave a comment:

• TheFabAnne
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spider24:
    My citizenship interview is coning up shortly, on 6/5. However, I have a prior engagement, my niece's graduation in Canada, for which I will be leaving two days later (6/7). A friend just informed me that my Green Card may be taken away at the interview. Is there anyone who has recently had an interview and can confirm this either way? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This had been a concern of mine since I am a flight attendnat often on international trips. USCIS told me that they would stamp my Australian passport, or provide me with documentation to tide me over till my US passport is processed.

Leave a comment:

• SunDevilUSA
    replied
    USCIS will only take possession of your green card at the swearing-in ceremony...when you actually become an American citizen. The swearing-in ceremony and the interview are on separate dates.

Leave a comment:

• Sprint_girl07
    replied
    Hi Spider,

WUSC gave you some answers to you on your same question on this thread in case you didn't see it:

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/902603441/m/8...10312541#45210312541

Leave a comment:

• Spider24
    replied
    My citizenship interview is coning up shortly, on 6/5. However, I have a prior engagement, my niece's graduation in Canada, for which I will be leaving two days later (6/7). A friend just informed me that my Green Card may be taken away at the interview. Is there anyone who has recently had an interview and can confirm this either way? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Spider24
    started a topic citizenship interview question.

citizenship interview question.

My citizenship interview is coning up shortly, on 6/5. However, I have a prior engagement, my niece's graduation in Canada, for which I will be leaving two days later (6/7). A friend just informed me that my Green Card may be taken away at the interview. Is there anyone who has recently had an interview and can confirm this either way? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney