Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Need some Feedback!

Howdy all, i just wanted to get some advice from the friendly folks on this board. Im a US citizen and have been with my Bf for 2 years, who is on a student visa. We got engaged at Christmastime and wanted to marry on Easter. Unfortunately we lied about him having a job while trying to get a carloan and Immgration had come to find out about it and now hes summoned to appear at Immgration before an officer in a few days. Ive been told i cannot be of help because im only his girlfriend and we reside together but im sure they wouldnt care about that. Im also worried because his F-1 expired last summer. He has been going to school full time while his affadavit of support as well as myself have been taking care of him financially. This has been killing us and we are afraid the worst may happen. Plz Help and God Bless those reading and willing.

Howdy all, i just wanted to get some advice from the friendly folks on this board. Im a US citizen and have been with my Bf for 2 years, who is on a student visa. We got engaged at Christmastime and wanted to marry on Easter. Unfortunately we lied about him having a job while trying to get a carloan and Immgration had come to find out about it and now hes summoned to appear at Immgration before an officer in a few days. Ive been told i cannot be of help because im only his girlfriend and we reside together but im sure they wouldnt care about that. Im also worried because his F-1 expired last summer. He has been going to school full time while his affadavit of support as well as myself have been taking care of him financially. This has been killing us and we are afraid the worst may happen. Plz Help and God Bless those reading and willing.

Comment

How on earth did immigration find out about him when he filed for a car loan???

lying to a car company isn't a federal offense. or an offense at all.

What u should worry is he has an expired F1, but still in studies. He should've gotten a new one.

Get a lawyer before he goes in, and worst case -- they do the ol' "removal proceedings" paperwork.

-= nav =-

Comment

We dont know how immgration found out really but this is the first that comes to mind. Because he is not working, there is no evidence. However, we do have credit cards and did apply for the car loan. So thats what i am suspecting. We do have a lawyer but he only says that this whole case depends on what news INS has for them tomorrow that may incriminate him. I figured it was the car loan because they do background checks

Comment

If he lied in the loan application and pretend to be a USC and the USCIS caught it, it'll be the end for his immigration standing.

Comment

First off, the INS and private companies don't share information.

They found him deportable via some other means. perhaps an application, or what have you.

a loan application means nothing and it's not a crime to lie to a private company. Most they can do is fle a suit against you in court that you tried to fraud them. But criminal -- no.

you need to find out the real details about what happened to him, etc.

-= nav =-

Comment

What do you mean by "his F-1 expired last summer"? The visa in his passport, or his actual status? The visa in the passport means nothing unless he wants to travel. The I-94 rules the roost, and for F-1 students that usually says D/S (duration of status)which means as long as you are a student you are ok. Has he always been a student since holding F-1 status?

Sounds like there may be a little more to this.

Comment

Yes he was goin to school full time!! He went every day and had a 4.0 GPA!! As i said all we did was lie to a car loan company. There was no evidence that he was working and as i mentioned being that we lived together i took care of and supported him! He went to immigration friday and they are sending him away this week with a 3 year bar! I feel like all of my hopes and dreams have taken a nosedive into a dead end canyon. I cant understand how they can send this man away when as a witness i knew for a fact he was not capable of any criminal act and have commited no crimes. He even had a lawyer! They found him guilty of something but they would not tell him what it was! Any how thank you Moondin and Cedar. I wish there was something i could do, but INS wouldnt let me in. I guess i have to start doing some packing on my own now.

Comment

From what i understand in this situation the lying to the car loan company doesn't have to do with the immigration laws. I suppose USCIS found out that he was out of status and took action!

Comment

I guess I'll have to go with him back to his country until the 3 year bar is up. Is there any other option? Can i apply for a fiance visa only after the 3 years? Or what if we married abroad, will it still be valid in the United States? I feel like my tummy is goin to blow up! Arrrgh. Thanks for any help
                    -SweetTears

Comment

I think there is more to it then just a car loan. I have purchased multiple cars/trucks during my stay in the US and never remember being asked if I was a USC or not. As far as lying about the job - well, most credit companies do not even verify employment these days they just run your application - certain point number comes up and it dictates can or can't you get a car loan and what interest rate... Did he get in ANY other trouble? If he commited a deportable offence immigratin judge would of told him, I am sure, they can't just say - 'well, you are guily of something... you are now on a 3-yr-bar...we are not going to tell you what that something is...'
                      Do you see what I am saying? Is your BF COMPLETELY honest with your or is he blowing a little smoke up you know where?
                      ...Mistake Recognized is half corrected ...

Comment

Long Time Here is right.
                        There is more to it.

If he dropped studies I would assume that under new Student Tracking system he got reported to Imm. Serv. and they took action.
                        But she says that he did very well in school.

Then she says he got caught doing something, but they wouldn't tell him what.
                        It must be something REALLY SERIOUS for them not to tell him what it is.
                        But then, if it was something serious, he wouldn't be deported with 3 yr bar, but rather with 20 yr or permanent bar.

3yr bar applies to people who overstayed by more than 180 and less than 365 days.

Again, this story doesn't add up.

Comment

Can you imagine -- Blockbuster video deporting thousands of illegals after they lie on their card application form?? hahahaha

-= nav =-

Comment

Look tramp, you live in sin with an illegal alien and break the laws of our country. I hope they deport you along with your illegal friend.

Comment

[quote]you live in sin [end quote]

Looks like someone was brought here by time machine from XIV century Spain

You either break the Code of LAW, and then you are a lawbreaker, or you don't break the Code of LAW which makes you Law abiding Citizen/Resident/Alien etc.

If you love God and talk "SIN", you better close the door and read Bible in solitude and then come out, find someone you hate most in your life (your ex-wife, for ex.) and tell her that you forgive her all that she did to you. At least you wouldn't look so ridiculously hypocritical as you do now,when speaking of sin.

There is no need to manipulate and deceive people by mixing up Religious matters with matters of State, especially when driving force behind your "reasoning" is HATE.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation