Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperate for answers

I am an US citizen and have a boyfriend that is from Brazil, we love each other so much and want to get married...my question is...which avenue is quicker for him to join me here in the US, me marrying him in Brazil or file a petition as fiance?? Please help me..all of this immigration process is confusing to me.. We are having a hard time being apart from each other. Due to work I am going to have a hard time going to Brazil, but if it is quicker , I will find a way.
    Any feedback will be greatly appreciated..God Bless you all!!

I am an US citizen and have a boyfriend that is from Brazil, we love each other so much and want to get married...my question is...which avenue is quicker for him to join me here in the US, me marrying him in Brazil or file a petition as fiance?? Please help me..all of this immigration process is confusing to me.. We are having a hard time being apart from each other. Due to work I am going to have a hard time going to Brazil, but if it is quicker , I will find a way.
    Any feedback will be greatly appreciated..God Bless you all!!

Comment

Mamsirena, has he ever been in the US? Any illegal presence? Or anything other on his record that may make this process more complicated?

K-1 fiance visa is normaly the quickest way...

Comment

No he has never been to the US. He has no criminal record.
        Is the K-1 Visa the one the call Fiance Petition?? What is the name of the form I have to fill out? How long approximately will it take to get approved?? Is that the one where he will have to marry me within 90 days of his arrival to the US??
        Thank you so much for your response..

Comment

Mamsirena,

You need to file an I-129F. Here is the link to the form. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-129F.pdf

You will have to marry him within 90 days of his entry to the U.S.

The time it takes to process this type of case depends on your Service Center (although they're all processing the I-129F submitted on Sept. 13 2006) and the caseload of the local U.S. consular office (in Brazil).

Here is the link to check processing time.

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp

From here you choose your Service Center for the processing time.

I hope this helps

Good luck

Comment

than you so much all of you that gave me the info. I do have another concern . If I am not mistaken, it states that I must have met/known him for 2 years, and It has been less than that. How do I handle this with immigration? And we only have talked on the phone, written letters, and sent pics to each other. I have been keeping all evidence of the above as proof that there is a true relationship. He doesn't know how to use a computer, so we don't communicate that way,

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mamsirena:
              than you so much all of you that gave me the info. I do have another concern . If I am not mistaken, it states that I must have met/known him for 2 years, and It has been less than that. How do I handle this with immigration? And we only have talked on the phone, written letters, and sent pics to each other. I have been keeping all evidence of the above as proof that there is a true relationship. He doesn't know how to use a computer, so we don't communicate that way, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Red flags just went up. You've never met him in person, but want to marry him? Be careful of him using you for a green card - enough said.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mamsirena:
                than you so much all of you that gave me the info. I do have another concern . If I am not mistaken, it states that I must have met/known him for 2 years, and It has been less than that. How do I handle this with immigration? And we only have talked on the phone, written letters, and sent pics to each other. I have been keeping all evidence of the above as proof that there is a true relationship. He doesn't know how to use a computer, so we don't communicate that way, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello,

Usually I am not the type of person who tells other people how to run their relationship or even questions their relationship, but you posting stunned me.
                In order to even call it a relationship don't you need to be a part of the other ones life? And that usually includes, but is not exclusively, doing stuff together, knowing the family members of each other and having some kind of physical contact.
                I am aware that there are relationships, which start online, but usually they will meet in person before they marry.
                Also, how do you know that he is, who he pretends to be? I meant, I can send you a picture, and you will see, I look exactly like Heidi Klum, or if you prefer Kurt Russell or even Denzel Washington, whom ever you wish.
                The same with my personality, my hobbies, everything....
                There are enough divorces going on these days, and I believe strongly, that in order to give it the best shot, you should know each other very well before getting married.
                And I cannot see how you can know him so well, since you have never met him before.

Think about it, divorces are expensive and painful.
                But maybe I am wrong.
                Good luck

Comment

I hate to say this but I AGREE with "ProudUSC", if you have never met this person how do you know that you are in love? I mean only you know what your feelings are but you need to be real careful and really think through what you are about to possibly get yourself into!

Comment

If I am not mistaken, it states that I must have met/known him for 2 years, and It has been less than that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have to provide a proof that you met in person within the last 2 years.

Comment

Go to Brazil and Samba

Comment

Of all the answers..the one i like the most is of JF2007. You dont know me, and you dont know him..I will go to Brazil to meet him..I have spoken with his family all of them, and they are sincere people..I'm no spring chicken, I am past forty and know about divorce as I was married to an american who did nothing but , smoke , do drugs, and beat the **** out of me whenever he wanted to.. And I learned my lesson and am a good judge of character...live and learn..
                        So you all know, he never mentioned papers, when we met..we only talk about marriage, He wantes me to go to Brazil, but right now I cannot take the time off..
                        Don't judge a person just because he is from another country..My mother was born in Panama..and he married my father USC and they lived happily until he died about 6 years ago..

Thank you for the ones over here that are supportive...

Comment

Of all the answers..the one i like the most is of JF2007. You dont know me, and you dont know him..I will go to Brazil to meet him..I have spoken with his family all of them, and they are sincere people..I'm no spring chicken, I am past forty and know about divorce as I was married to an american who did nothing but , smoke , do drugs, and beat the **** out of me whenever he wanted to.. And I learned my lesson and am a good judge of character...live and learn..
                          So you all know, he never mentioned papers, when we met..we only talk about marriage, He wantes me to go to Brazil, but right now I cannot take the time off..
                          Don't judge a person just because he is from another country..My mother was born in Panama..and he married my father USC and they lived happily until he died about 6 years ago..

Thank you for the ones over here that are supportive... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't trying to be unsupportive. I've been reading so much about sham marriages and what people will do to get into this country, I just wanted to give a heads up. I hope it works out for you since your first marriage was less than perfect. But, like someone else said, you will need to get together in person prior to filing paperwork to prove validity to your relationship.

Comment

Ok, I guess If that is the only way...we will have to wait until we can meet in person, (I did see him at his sister's house via webcam, and we chatted for awhile,) and I guess I can marry there (which will probably will be a longer process), of come back and file..HOPEFULLY the Fiance Petition...I will check with a immigration lawyer, to see what he says Is the best approach....

Comment

I thank you all for your words of encouragement and support. This Love is definitely not a sham. So far it has broken the barriers of :language, race and distance. we have a deep true love connection here..

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation