• Show
Clear All

• Jake01
    replied
    http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/idlicense.htm#idpoints

hope this helps,

by the looks you will need passport and 1-94 which is 3 points

and your work authorisation card which is 3 points

now I understand about the point system LOL!

Leave a comment:

• bianca1
    replied
    thanks for replying. im in NYC, what i dont understand that what is the new law about which is saying that you do not need SSN just a letter from them stating im ineligable. i have that letter and also havae the required points do i still need a valid I94???thanks

Leave a comment:

• Jake01
    replied
    If you are trying to apply for your Drivers Licence MOST states now require Passport ID with valid I-94, and SSN, if you overstayed your I-94 is no longer valid, you may need to wait till you have your Greencard and SSN.

Sorry but don't know anything about points.

Which state are you living in?

Leave a comment:

• bianca1
    replied
    in order to get your driver license you need to either have SSn number or a letter from them stating you are ineligable to have one PLUS u need an additional 6 points to collect to be able to apply for DL.

Leave a comment:

• bianca1
    replied
    HI,
    Can someone tell me if the inegibility letter from Social Security office count as any???
    so far I have utility bill, credit card, and medicaid card, (4 points). I went to the office today and i was told that the letter counts as 2 but the website doesnt mention anything about it. I know i need 6 points. Or what is this new law about, im confused. Once i have the letter do i need anything else if i do what exactly, im not illegal but overstayed any help would be appriciated, thanks.
    i do have the letter from Social office...

Leave a comment:

• bianca1
    started a topic CONFUSION ABOUT DRIVER LICENSE AND POINTS

CONFUSION ABOUT DRIVER LICENSE AND POINTS

HI,
    Can someone tell me if the inegibility letter from Social Security office count as any???
    so far I have utility bill, credit card, and medicaid card, (4 points). I went to the office today and i was told that the letter counts as 2 but the website doesnt mention anything about it. I know i need 6 points. Or what is this new law about, im confused. Once i have the letter do i need anything else if i do what exactly, im not illegal but overstayed any help would be appriciated, thanks.
    i do have the letter from Social office...
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney