Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARRIAGE

I'M A P/RESIDENT G/CARD HOLDER,HAVING LIVED IN THE U.S.FOR 3.2 YEARS.I WANT TO MARRY MY FIANCE IN UKRAINE BEFORE THE END OF 2006.I BELIEVE I WILL BE PERMITTED TO APPLY FOR MY U.S.CITIZENSHIP AFTER 4.9YEARS OF P/RESIDENCE HERE.

QUESTIONS:

1:WHEN WOULD YOU RECOMMEND I BEGIN THE PROCESS OF APPLYING FOR MY WIFE TO JOIN ME IN AMERCICA?
    2:APPROXIMATELY HOW LONG WOULD YOU ESTIMATE THE PROCESS TO TAKE?
    3:WHAT WOULD THE CORRECT PROCEDURE BE PLEASE?

MANY THANKS FOR FOR YOUR INPUT.

I'M A P/RESIDENT G/CARD HOLDER,HAVING LIVED IN THE U.S.FOR 3.2 YEARS.I WANT TO MARRY MY FIANCE IN UKRAINE BEFORE THE END OF 2006.I BELIEVE I WILL BE PERMITTED TO APPLY FOR MY U.S.CITIZENSHIP AFTER 4.9YEARS OF P/RESIDENCE HERE.

QUESTIONS:

1:WHEN WOULD YOU RECOMMEND I BEGIN THE PROCESS OF APPLYING FOR MY WIFE TO JOIN ME IN AMERCICA?
    2:APPROXIMATELY HOW LONG WOULD YOU ESTIMATE THE PROCESS TO TAKE?
    3:WHAT WOULD THE CORRECT PROCEDURE BE PLEASE?

MANY THANKS FOR FOR YOUR INPUT.

Comment

Ukraine? have you guys met before?
      are u originally from ukraine as well?

apply for a fiance visa.You have to do all that.
      You have show support of affadavit,meaning u have to make a certain amount of money or have a sponsor.After 9 -12 months you finace will receive instructions from her country what to do,You will have to sent her some documentions,which you'll get and find out during the process.But It will take a year.
      Because once you have everyhting done...than your Fiance Visa will have to do the rest.Getting an interview at the US embassy,going to dr. and getting her shots and exame etc....after that.She will get her fiance visa to the US.And she will have an additional 6 months to come to the US.
      Like I said, Finace Visa is the logical step.But YOU have to file for it and deal with all the paperwork and all...once you did your part.Your finace will reveive statements and instructions from the us embassy what to do and what not.Hope that helped.
      PS: if you are a US citizen or just a greencard holder.The process of a Fiance Visa won't change!

Comment

Incorrect, HBKHBK. The fiancé visa is an option only available to US citizens, NOT LPRs. The OP would have to become a US citizen and attend the swearing in ceremony, and receive naturalisation certificate before starting that process, which will not happen, according to safariland for at least another year.

Marrying before the end of this year, he could begin the process of petitioning his spouse on an I-130, which would be subject to the availability of a visa and priority date, as an LPR and then upgrade the petition once a citizen.
        The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

THANKS TO YOU BOTH FOR THIS ADVICE...YES....WE MET 2 YEARS PREVIOUSLY , AND WERE WERE ENGAGED A YEAR AGO IN HER HOME TOWN OF KREMENCHUG.I NOW TRAVEL OVER THERE TWICE A YEAR FOR ABOUT 10 DAYS EACH FOR A VISIT.I'M FROM SOUTH AFRICA ORIGINALLY , AND WAS BLESSED TO WIN A GREEN CARD ON THE LOTTO,HENCE MY NOW LIVING IN YOUR...AND NOW PROUDLY MINE TOO...U.S.OF A!!
          IT SEEMS TO ME THAT AS SOON AS WE MARRY,I'LL POP INTO THE U.S.EMBASSY IN KIEV AND TRY TO BEGIN THE PROCESS ON AN I-130 AS SAPPYCONIFER HAS SUGGESTED.THANKS AGAIN FOR TAKING TIME TO RESPOND,IT'S A GREAT SERVICE YOU ALL PROVIDE TO THESE "BUDDING CITIZENS" OUT HERE!!

Comment

Sappy, thanks for updating me on this.
            Now what does an permanent resident do,if he/she wants to me marry someone from a different country? they just by pass the finace visa and get married?

Safar, no problem buddy.You should have no prolems then.If you guys met in person few times.She should not have a problem obtaining the fiance visa.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation