X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 months tourist visa??

Hi,

I came to the US for a second time in April 2004. THe immigration officer has written on my staying permit (October 2005). The first time I came in 2002, I had been given 6 months stay...this time, its 18 months...Do you think I can still go back to my country without problems? or was it just a mistake the immigration officer made and I would be considered ignoring the laws? I would be greatful if anybody has some accurate information about this...and thank you in advance for your time...

Hi,

I came to the US for a second time in April 2004. THe immigration officer has written on my staying permit (October 2005). The first time I came in 2002, I had been given 6 months stay...this time, its 18 months...Do you think I can still go back to my country without problems? or was it just a mistake the immigration officer made and I would be considered ignoring the laws? I would be greatful if anybody has some accurate information about this...and thank you in advance for your time...

Comment

It sounds like you are traveling on B-1/B-2 to the US.
      What is the porpose of your travel to US?
      What is your home country?

Comment

I am from Tunisia and iam on a B-2 visa...

Comment

The purpose is visiting friends here....the company i worked for was closing when i was here so i told myself i'll stay some more...

Comment

For how many months / years you got initial visa at American consulate / embassy in your home country? What I have heard from others is when u enter at port of entry here in USA ...immigration officer decides and puts stamp for how many actual months you can stay here... so if the original visa is for 6 months then I doubt...it might be a mistake...if its multiple entry 10 yrs visa then it might be possible that he did put 18 months stamp on ur visa / passport.... double check the answers on www.britishexpats.com as well...Good luck...Pasha

Comment

It sounds like he made a mistake with the date and got the year wrong, adding an additional 12 months to your 6 month admission.

Comment

Thank you for your response Pasha...My visa is for 10 years multiple entry so I guess I am fine. I will check on the website you advised...I stayed here for a year now and i went to different places, met with different pple and I have noticed that the Americans are not the Genius brains contrary to what other countries think....most of pple are fat on the east coast...and on the west coast, the hispanics are all over the place and would not know how to communicate with you in english...so i do believe that the US needs foreigners even from some third world countries that are able to atleast speak a correct language. So i am sure I would bring a plus if I join the American work place market...Thank you all for your time to respond to my ??

Comment

Your B-@ allows you to visit, not work. The instant you work, you violate the terms of your visa and are deportable.

As for "needing" foreign workers, well, you wouldn't be aware of how much this country has changed, and not for the better, due to the influx of illegal foreign workers.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation