27 yr old women in need of assistance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, Kerri.. I sympathize with you , as I am going through the exact same thing..., a couple of lawyers told me that the best thing to do is to go to Brazil, (one of the options) and I am glad you asked that question. Please let me know by email what is going on...I can tell you more that the lawyers had told me... and I can learn from your process too..as I am and have been totally in love with a Brazilian...write me at cmascaro1@cfl.rr.com I do not want to discuss further my problem here...had a couple of people that insulted me and my boyfriend... when i posed my dilemma....thanks and if i dont hear from you... I wish you the best of luck...

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aneri:
      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
      To remove the ban, he would need to file a waiver at the US Embassy in Brasilia, or in the consulate at Rio de Janeiro. That process will take a year. If it is approved, and I mean if, then you can apply either the CR1 or IR1 immigrant spousal visa. That can take another year or less. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
      process goes in this order:
      1. petition is filed by USC spouse/fiance
      2. petition is approved
      3. visa interview in Brazil, visa denied
      4. file for a waiver
      5. waiver approved (hopefuly), and visa given immediately after </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
      From my understanding, in counselor processing, you can petition the waiver for inadmissibility if you know for certainty that you will be denied. But it has to be done using the CR1 route, not K1. But I think it depends on the specific cousnelor or embassy directive.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

really Hudson.,..you should study up a bit more....an American fiance, regardless of their IQ (an oversight, no doubt) can file a waiver if their dirtbag foreign fiance is ineligible or inadmissable...that is allowed...of course, I believe that all such waivers should be denied because it cannot be more obvious that the dirtbag illegal is merely trying to game the system...so, let's modify the system to prevent this nonsense.

Comment

Once you get him the green card he may or may not stay married. It's common for someone to dupe some US citizen into sponsoring them, then once they get status they get dumped and the real wife comes to the US. I've even met two CR6's who had their 3 year old kid with them. Please be careful.

Comment

Well SunDevil, that was a bit harsh...yet truthful. We are good people and my point was we don't want to have to lie. Truth of the matter if it came down to it I would lie over not seeing my fiancé for 10 plus years....wouldn't you? We don't want to chance getting caught though and I still have the optimistic view that it will all work out for us, it has too.

After posting here and listening to everyone's feedback I contacted a well known Immigration lawyer in Boston. He told me although he wished he had better news for me the only thing he can tell me is to wait it out, because something within the next 3-4 years will change. He said he gets 3 plus calls a week of people asking the same question. He also said not to try any papers because they are cracking down hard now.
            And I know the American people are fed up with illegals, and a part of me understands. However there should be some way for people who are married to US citizens and/or have US citizen children to skip the 10 yr waiting period. Even pay a large fine...something is better than nothing-or 10 years.

And "someeone12" to insinuate I am stupid and that my fiancé is a dirt bad is a bit much. I was born and raised all American trust me I understand peoples feeling about immigrants. I too once felt the same...I looked at them as all lower than us, money hungry, lying, cheating people who should get out of here.

Then I started working at a restaurant and realized all these people are illegal, and all of them when given the chance to talk with you are really nice. They all have a story, a family and a reason and I have yet to find one person, out of the hundred plus I have met that I look at as being less than myself....and I hold myself in high regards.

And thanks to all of your opinions (even the not so nice) and the lawyer we have decided to wait it out in hopes something changes. We are not willing to jeopardize the 3 or 10 yr waiting period. We will hope for the best and prey something changes.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kerri:
              Well SunDevil, that was a bit harsh...yet truthful. We are good people and my point was we don't want to have to lie. Truth of the matter if it came down to it I would lie over not seeing my fiancé for 10 plus years....wouldn't you? We don't want to chance getting caught though and I still have the optimistic view that it will all work out for us, it has too.

After posting here and listening to everyone's feedback I contacted a well known Immigration lawyer in Boston. He told me although he wished he had better news for me the only thing he can tell me is to wait it out, because something within the next 3-4 years will change. He said he gets 3 plus calls a week of people asking the same question. He also said not to try any papers because they are cracking down hard now.
              And I know the American people are fed up with illegals, and a part of me understands. However there should be some way for people who are married to US citizens and/or have US citizen children to skip the 10 yr waiting period. Even pay a large fine...something is better than nothing-or 10 years.

And "someeone12" to insinuate I am stupid and that my fiancé is a dirt bad is a bit much. I was born and raised all American trust me I understand peoples feeling about immigrants. I too once felt the same...I looked at them as all lower than us, money hungry, lying, cheating people who should get out of here.

Then I started working at a restaurant and realized all these people are illegal, and all of them when given the chance to talk with you are really nice. They all have a story, a family and a reason and I have yet to find one person, out of the hundred plus I have met that I look at as being less than myself....and I hold myself in high regards.

And thanks to all of your opinions (even the not so nice) and the lawyer we have decided to wait it out in hopes something changes. We are not willing to jeopardize the 3 or 10 yr waiting period. We will hope for the best and prey something changes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
              Kerri,
              I sympathize and empathize with your situation. Hopefully, there would be some kind of reform in the near future and hope everything works out for you.
              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

hi kerri, I notice that your boyfriend used mexico to enter USA illegally..... Now my question to you is did he used his real name? or a fake name. a lot of people use fake names when they get here. now, as long he did not use his real name and never fingerprinted here in the US tell him to go home to go home to brazil and start your romance and get married and apply for a petition......i hope i am right

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Your fiancee cannot adjust status (get legal while staying in the USA) because he entered without inspection. If he had entered on a visa and the visa expired, he could adjust but not in this circumstance. Therefore there are only 2 ways for him to be legal in the USA at this time. the most likely is to return to Brazil, file the documents as stated above. The second way is to have Congress pass a law especially for him to give him a green card [not very likely is it?]

Comment

It is highly likeley they will pass a law, not only for him but for others too

Comment

dear Kerri,

Your BF is an EWI. That means he Entered without inspection. An EWI is not eligible for adjustment of status right now. Marrying him will not make him eligible for a green card (even if married to a USC) because of the fact he has not been inspected and therefore is not "here" and has no status.

Because of changes after 9/11, airlines flight manifests are now recorded by USCIS and therefore if your BF flies to Brazil from Boston he will leave a trace of his passage.
                        This will be on record at USCIS and US embassy in Brazil.

you can email me at e2help@aol.com and I will discuss a strategy with you if you wish.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation