Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiance Visa Troubles

Hello! I am desperate for some advice here. I am a US citizen, born and raised. My fiance is a UK citizen who currently lives in France, and lived in Greece before that. Our I-129 petition was approved no problem.
    He received a packet of instructions from the Consulate in Paris and on the form that told him about police records from the countries he's lived in, it had hand-written "UK and France so far". We stupidly took this to mean that we didn't need to bother with Greece unless there were red flags, figuring they knew what we knew--getting paperwork in Greece is next to impossible.

When getting his letter with his interview date (which was Aug. 11), it listed everything he was to bring--you guessed it, the Greece police record was on that list. ACK. He put a desperate plea to a friend in Greece who got the process started for him, but nothing except a receipt of request came in time for the interview. He went to the interview anyway, and they said he can have his Visa as soon as the paper from Greece arrives, translated into French or English.

Our problem? We don't know how long this could take to get from Greece, and our wedding is Oct. 1st. I need to know if we have any options here--can he come over now and finish the process here? How would we arrange that? Can he just come over and we get married and then file something different? What would that be? He's written to the British Embassy in Greece to see if they can help, but no response yet. We are panicked and don't know what is the best thing to do here.

Thank you so much for any advice you can give!

Sarah

Hello! I am desperate for some advice here. I am a US citizen, born and raised. My fiance is a UK citizen who currently lives in France, and lived in Greece before that. Our I-129 petition was approved no problem.
    He received a packet of instructions from the Consulate in Paris and on the form that told him about police records from the countries he's lived in, it had hand-written "UK and France so far". We stupidly took this to mean that we didn't need to bother with Greece unless there were red flags, figuring they knew what we knew--getting paperwork in Greece is next to impossible.

When getting his letter with his interview date (which was Aug. 11), it listed everything he was to bring--you guessed it, the Greece police record was on that list. ACK. He put a desperate plea to a friend in Greece who got the process started for him, but nothing except a receipt of request came in time for the interview. He went to the interview anyway, and they said he can have his Visa as soon as the paper from Greece arrives, translated into French or English.

Our problem? We don't know how long this could take to get from Greece, and our wedding is Oct. 1st. I need to know if we have any options here--can he come over now and finish the process here? How would we arrange that? Can he just come over and we get married and then file something different? What would that be? He's written to the British Embassy in Greece to see if they can help, but no response yet. We are panicked and don't know what is the best thing to do here.

Thank you so much for any advice you can give!

Sarah

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed