X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• During divorce proceeding change of status

Hi there,

I just wondered where everyone gets their information from? I am going through the process of possible divorce whilst still in my conditional status. After going through the USCIS.GOV website, I have become even more confused. Does anyone have any relevant links?
    Particularly pertaining to what I need to do before/during/after divorce? Who do I contact? How do I contact them? And when?

Am I correct in thinking that once the divorce has been filed, that I can then file for removal of conditions without waiting for the 90-day period?

Many thanks,

Joe

Hi there,

I just wondered where everyone gets their information from? I am going through the process of possible divorce whilst still in my conditional status. After going through the USCIS.GOV website, I have become even more confused. Does anyone have any relevant links?
    Particularly pertaining to what I need to do before/during/after divorce? Who do I contact? How do I contact them? And when?

Am I correct in thinking that once the divorce has been filed, that I can then file for removal of conditions without waiting for the 90-day period?

Many thanks,

Joe

Comment

Yes Joe, UNFORTUNATELY you actually get REWARDED for a divorce in this country. Once the divorce is final, you can apply immediately without waiting 2 years if you remained married. What a great immigration law. What a pathetic joke.

Comment

Google William Yates, I751, Memoranda

See,

http://www.immigrationlinks.com/news...5120Waiver.pdf

http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/h...lgtn013006.pdf
        The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Thank you for your replies.

Sappyconifer - the first link isn't working for me?

Comment

Try this one,
            http://www.masudafunai.com/eng/legal...WORD=&a=&cid=2
            The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation