Visa to UK with GC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    Any travel to Mexico requires a passport. If you have a GC and are not from Mexico you could end up with some serious problems if stopped by the federalies. Using a GC to go back and forth only works if you are a Mexican citizen. Anything else, the rules of your home country apply. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I thought you could still cross the borders via car without a passport. Guess the rules changed (again)!

Comment

Davdah, I have known some GC holders crossing over to Mexico without having to show passports. They did take them sure but I think US Green Card holders are not treated the same as USC's.

I do agree I think changes have happened again as seen this on their site:

Permanent legal residents of the US and Canada

All legal permanent residents of Canada and the United Sates, regardless of their nationality, if in possession of a so-called green card (now they are pink), or its Canadian equivalent, do not have to go through the process of applying to Mexico City for their entry permit nor do they need the stamp on their passports. They can be issued the tourist card on board the aircraft or at the port of entry to be able to travel to Mexico as tourists, in transit, or for short business trips.

THEY MUST CARRY WITH THEM THEIR VALID PASSPORT AND THEIR GREEN OR PINK PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD ISSUED BY THE U.S.A. GOVERNMENT OR THE CANADIAN EQUIVALENT.

source

Now for Canada, as I did cross myself recently, I did not need my passport, nor did they even ask what Citizen I was. Coming back they just asked for my GC. I know they are changing rules again soon.

I know that for USC's they either now require or will require passports for both air and land.
      I think this has to do with the fact that USC's cannot use license or ID cards no more so passport is only other option.
      For US Green Card holders they seem to accept the card.

Mind you, if going to either places I would sure check the update in case it changes and I would take passports too regardless just in case.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
      1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

I know you need a passport if you are traveling outside US territories. I had to use one to go to Bermuda this year. But, I thought as long as you were crossing the borders by car, it was still okay to go with a gc or driver's license. Oh well, I can't keep up with all the rules!

Comment

To be safe, just carry a Passport and your GC, if you are not a USC. If you are a USC then ofcourse have ur passport.

Comment

It would be probably true to say that if you are a US GC Holder it may well be easier to get a visa to the UK, likewise if you have ILR n the UK it would be easier to get a US Visa.

Otherwise I would agree with all the other comments, the OP is an Indian citizen, not a USC.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Theone:
              It would be probably true to say that if you are a US GC Holder it may well be easier to get a visa to the UK, likewise if you have ILR n the UK it would be easier to get a US Visa.

Otherwise I would agree with all the other comments, the OP is an Indian citizen, not a USC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree too, I think mainly because the UK will see that it's unlikely that the visitor will try and overstay or have intentions of immigrating there as they are a GC holder elsewhere.
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
              1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs