Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• selective service

I am going to appy for citizenship,but i am worried about it now bc i never signed up for selective service.i didnt know that i have to sign up and when i came to know about this i was over the age limit.can they deny my application on basis of failure to sign up

I am going to appy for citizenship,but i am worried about it now bc i never signed up for selective service.i didnt know that i have to sign up and when i came to know about this i was over the age limit.can they deny my application on basis of failure to sign up

Comment

It depends on when you entered the US and what status you were in.If you were under 26 years when you came into the US and were in an immigrant status, then you should have registered.

Note that even if you came into the US and were under 26,but were in a nonimmigrant visa like F1 status, then you should be OK;you can only register if in immigrant status.

The best thing is to call the SS system at 1-847-688-6888 or visit them at http://www.sss.gov.They will tell you the implications, but 'I did not know am supposed to register' may not be an acceptable excuse if you were eligible to register.

Comment

I came to us in 1996,i was 22 yr old at that time ,I applied for asylum and it was approved in 1997 and i applied for adjustment of status in 1998 which was approevd in 2002 ,by that time i was over 26 yr limit

Comment

The Selective Service sent me a registration package soon after I got my Employment Authorization...that was enough for them to require me to register.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation