X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4now - Tax Question

4now:

Will I be able to file returnes as 'head of household'? because married filing separately the liability is much bigger, and besides I did not lIve with me wife not even one day in the entire 2003. Please clarify as how should I file.

4now:

Will I be able to file returnes as 'head of household'? because married filing separately the liability is much bigger, and besides I did not lIve with me wife not even one day in the entire 2003. Please clarify as how should I file.

Comment

Hi Aquila

So sorry.. It is the only way you can file. Married filing seperate. You do not have a qualifier to make you head of household. If divorce was thru in 2003 you could have filed single.

Comment

Filing tax forms......

can you get in trouble...if one spouse signs
        for both and sends in.......

Comment

Depends on the what u mean trouble.

If a spouse is filing a joint return b/c the other partner does not want to and signs the spouses name. It is fraud. But they will only know if one of the parties makes an issue. What makes this a big deal is that it is at a federal level . Its like if they prove forgery on income tax check or andy other government check.. you can go to PRISON because it becomes a federal crime.

Married filing seperately is the best choice for couples having marital troubles. This way each is responsible for their own tax liablities.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation