Without Status, Remarried, what's next?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Without Status, Remarried, what's next?

I'm currently under the deportation proceeding status. I believe because i failed to show up for the interview to remove the condition on my permanent residency. The reason why i faild to show up for the interview is the marriage ended in divorce. I know now that divorce revoke status in the US and i should have return at that point, but i did stay and i'm now remaried. My current marriage had taken place before i had received the letter of deportation proceeding.
    We have spoke with USCIS agents and received different answers about our situation, and what the next step would be. I believe that my husband is to fill out I-130 and G-325 A forms. Does this seem like the next step to be taking? Should i report to the local office about the letter that i received? Does the letter mean that i have to leave or can i stay if the proper form are submitted? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm currently under the deportation proceeding status. I believe because i failed to show up for the interview to remove the condition on my permanent residency. The reason why i faild to show up for the interview is the marriage ended in divorce. I know now that divorce revoke status in the US and i should have return at that point, but i did stay and i'm now remaried. My current marriage had taken place before i had received the letter of deportation proceeding.
    We have spoke with USCIS agents and received different answers about our situation, and what the next step would be. I believe that my husband is to fill out I-130 and G-325 A forms. Does this seem like the next step to be taking? Should i report to the local office about the letter that i received? Does the letter mean that i have to leave or can i stay if the proper form are submitted? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

You need to secure competent immigration assistance. By the way, where did you get the idea that divorce would mean that you lose status? If you fail to file an I751 in a timely fashion, it would cause you to fall out of status, but a delay due to divorce can sometimes be explained. Of course, in order to remove conditions you would need to show that the marriage was in good faith.
      The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Why didnt you file for a waiver? Geez; another fraudster !

Comment

I think I missed something in your post. You say you failed to show for the removal of "conditions" interview. Did you file the I751 jointly with your former husband? How long ago was this interview? And how soon after your failure to appear did you receive the notice of removal?

These removal matters are time sensitive. I get the feeling that if you have since remarried that this may have occured some time ago. Inherent in losing status, you also lose the ability to work (not that this cannot be resolved by a later petition to a USC). It's not simply a letter, as you remarked. It is a determination by USCIS and your future ability to remain with your current husband depends on how you handle it. Rather than continue to seek advice here or from USCIS agents, you need to consult with an immigration attorney. BTW, if you are considering the people who attend to the mis-information hotline as USCIS agents, you are mistaken. They are not and information they dispense cannot be relied upon as firm, accurate and viable courses of action.

You should seek direction from an immigration attorney.
          The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

FRAUDSTER ! FRAUDSTER !! FRAUDSTER !!!

Comment

Thankyou sappyconifer, for your reply. My former husband had filed the I751 and I was told to wait for the interview date to be set. they stamped my pasport and took my permanent residency card. I recieved no interview date and the date was about to expire, so I went back and they stamped my passport again and told me to wait for an interview. The next thing I got was the letter about the removal. I did not know about the waiver at the time I thought everything was alright and I would just go to the interview when it was schedualed. It appeares that I missed the interview, but I recieved no notice of an interview from them. BTW, I am not a fruadster I was married to my first husband for 3 years, and divorce does not leave you in the best of states when you have no one to help you. My current marage is great and we have a child about to come in March. My husband is O.K. with going to my country to sort this out, but he needs to finish college and get started with his career. I don't know about all this process though and it is hard to get any information. What would be the best steps of attaining an attorney?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation