X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seek advice

Just need advice!
    I was given a voluntary departure by IJ 2 years ago. I appealed the decision to the BIA within the appealing time and denied and was given a VD by the BIA. I was again appealed the decision to the federal court of appeals. The court denied the case for review on March 25th of this year. I left the country to Canada on May 10 and seek asylum there. Before I left I have received a notice from the detention officer to appear at his office on April 30, 2004. My question is that will I be barred to enter US for 10 years? If there is is there any waiver?
    Is there a way to know this? Thank you!

Just need advice!
    I was given a voluntary departure by IJ 2 years ago. I appealed the decision to the BIA within the appealing time and denied and was given a VD by the BIA. I was again appealed the decision to the federal court of appeals. The court denied the case for review on March 25th of this year. I left the country to Canada on May 10 and seek asylum there. Before I left I have received a notice from the detention officer to appear at his office on April 30, 2004. My question is that will I be barred to enter US for 10 years? If there is is there any waiver?
    Is there a way to know this? Thank you!

Comment

you should be able to request infornmation from FOIA (freedom of information act) in regards to whether you will face any bars, and if so, which ones.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation