Divorce

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow, it is tiring trying to get helpful responses on this post. people are so suspicious of anyone. My friend didn't even know about the two year thing until I told her now. She believes she will be kicked out and is sad about it, so I am trying to show her that that probably won't happen. Everyone has friends and jobs in their life, the reason i didnt list her husband as something she has build here is because obviously that relationship is falling apart or she wouldn't be thinking about getting divorced. I didn't "give it away". I have seen her go through ups and downs in her relationship in the 3 years I have known her, but I know they are both at fault for it's deterioration, and she tried to talk to him for a long time about the things that made her unhappy, and I don't think he really listened. She hates the idea of being divorced at 26, but I told her it ****s to be unhappily married at 26 as well.

Anyway, I would hope her husband would support the application, but, I don't know, he might feel angry enough about the divorce to not support it. He seems like a decent guy, but, when you are hurt, it's hard not to hurt back. She is going to a lawyer on Thursday to find out what the situation is.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by orion13:
      wow, it is tiring trying to get helpful responses on this post. people are so suspicious of anyone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The times have changed. Cheat, lie, deceit is everywhere. Honest are hard to find. It is everywhere. I open my eyes and I see fraudster. It is very scary and sad. The disease is spreading rapidly. No one can be cured. It only affects American Men.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
      My friend didn't even know about the two year thing until I told her now.
      </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

May be USCIS forgot to put the expiration date on her conditional greencard. You can make an infopass appointment and have them rectify it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
      She believes she will be kicked out and is sad about it, so I am trying to show her that that probably won't happen.
      </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A friend in need is friend indeed. You are earning some points to door of heaven.

Everyone has friends and jobs in their life, the reason i didnt list her husband as something she has build here is because obviously that relationship is falling apart or she wouldn't be thinking about getting divorced. I didn't "give it away". I have seen her go through ups and downs in her relationship in the 3 years I have known her, but I know they are both at fault for it's deterioration, and she tried to talk to him for a long time about the things that made her unhappy, and I don't think he really listened. She hates the idea of being divorced at 26, but I told her it ****s to be unhappily married at 26 as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a good idea to tell your friend to divorce. You are a friend. Be nice to them. Talk therapy not the separation. This will lead you to door of hell. Sad, I know.

Anyway, I would hope her husband would support the application, but, I don't know, he might feel angry enough about the divorce to not support it. He seems like a decent guy, but, when you are hurt, it's hard not to hurt back. She is going to a lawyer on Thursday to find out what the situation is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A decent and nice husband overnight becomes bad. A drastic and rapid transformation. The technology days we live in. Very rapid. How would a lawyer know what the situation is? It is her and her husband and you who knows her inside out but not the lawyer. The correct posting should be to find out what her options are to stay here and screw American men. I know it hurts but it is fact. The fact that all try to hide. Outter shows sympathy, inner has something else in mind. A dual personality, one fact with changes on timing.
      I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

You may not like what I have to say but that does not mean I am wrong.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by orion13:
        wow, it is tiring trying to get helpful responses on this post. people are so suspicious of anyone. My friend didn't even know about the two year thing until I told her now. She believes she will be kicked out and is sad about it, so I am trying to show her that that probably won't happen. Everyone has friends and jobs in their life, the reason i didnt list her husband as something she has build here is because obviously that relationship is falling apart or she wouldn't be thinking about getting divorced. I didn't "give it away". I have seen her go through ups and downs in her relationship in the 3 years I have known her, but I know they are both at fault for it's deterioration, and she tried to talk to him for a long time about the things that made her unhappy, and I don't think he really listened. She hates the idea of being divorced at 26, but I told her it ****s to be unhappily married at 26 as well.

Anyway, I would hope her husband would support the application, but, I don't know, he might feel angry enough about the divorce to not support it. He seems like a decent guy, but, when you are hurt, it's hard not to hurt back. She is going to a lawyer on Thursday to find out what the situation is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Suspicious Thing:

There are Many That abuse The Good Information Given, and noone wants to provide the wrong information either. Is Why So many Questions are Asked.
        USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
          Here is a thought. And this applies to anyone in a similar predicament. You said ' She tried to talk to him about the things that made her unhappy' How about something a little different like, 'Talk to him about things she can do to make him happier' Perhaps he may reciprocate. Its much easier to get a positive response when you offer one upfront. Otherwise its just nagging. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen Amen Amen I see hope. I see a fighter. I see activist who will stand against Nazi Feminism. Finally, I see a light at the end of tunnel.
          I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
            If that doesn't work there is always this.

My favorite </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought you would go for this

Comment

Orion, your friend's reasons for divorcing are irrelevant. She needs to file for the removal of conditions sooner rather than later. Once her Conditional GC expires in September, things get trickier.

If the divorce is final, she can file for a waiver to apply without his assistance and would then have to prove that despite the breakdown of the marriage, it was entered to in good faith. Again, the divorce has to be final, which means unless she starts it ASAP it's super-quick, she's out of luck.
              The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Once again - Honesty - was not an option. Better to put your trust in a complete stranger than someone you once claimed to be in love with.

People don't hurt others because a sincere relationship didn't work out. They get hurt and hurt back when they are lied to, deceived and tricked. This is what your "friend" is doing by sneaking around and seeing the lawyer.

Spineless, sad, pathetic, fraudulent

I am sure - 100% - that he is a decent guy. Its your "friend" that is a dirtbag. The mere fact that she would see a lawyer before a priest or marriage counseler tells me this. The mere fact that she will not discuss it with the husnband tells me this. She thinks living lke a sniveling coward scammer will make her happy. It won't. Every relationship has ups and downs. What fantasy world is she in that she thinks there are never any down times. Marriage is work; its not always fun. Everyone knows this. So what gives with the lawyer nonsense. Who does that? No one in any kind of genuine relationship does.

She married for the green card; thats the bottom line; thats the truth. I know it, she knows it, we all know it. OK; whatever. What goes around comes around. She will discover that.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:

Once again - Honesty - was not an option. Better to put your trust in a complete stranger than someone you once claimed to be in love with.

People don't hurt others because a sincere relationship didn't work out. They get hurt and hurt back when they are lied to, deceived and tricked. This is what your "friend" is doing by sneaking around and seeing the lawyer.

Spineless, sad, pathetic, fraudulent

I am sure - 100% - that he is a decent guy. Its your "friend" that is a dirtbag. She thinks living lke a sniveling coward scammer will make her happy. It won't. What goes around comes around. She will discover that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AMEN BROTHER. I have been told that nice guy always finish last. I learned my lesson. I changed. Now I ask what is nice?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation