Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce

My friend is from Germany, and has lived in the United States for the past seven years. She came here on a student visa, and then got married 2 years ago in April 2006 and she has a condtional green card with a Sept. 2006 date on it.

She has been unhappy in her marriage for quite a while now and is considering getting divorced. I am trying to help her, and I am wondering if anyone knows if she will be able to stay in the United States if she is no longer married to her USC husband. Like I said, she's been married over two years, but it will be two years in September for her green card. Her employer has agreed to sponsor her if need be, but she wants to know if she will be ok with the green card she has now. Thanks for any information you can give us!

My friend is from Germany, and has lived in the United States for the past seven years. She came here on a student visa, and then got married 2 years ago in April 2006 and she has a condtional green card with a Sept. 2006 date on it.

She has been unhappy in her marriage for quite a while now and is considering getting divorced. I am trying to help her, and I am wondering if anyone knows if she will be able to stay in the United States if she is no longer married to her USC husband. Like I said, she's been married over two years, but it will be two years in September for her green card. Her employer has agreed to sponsor her if need be, but she wants to know if she will be ok with the green card she has now. Thanks for any information you can give us!

Comment

If she can prove the marriage was in good faith, she can file to have the conditions removed.
      --------------------
      "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

She will have two strikes against her; an overstay and a divorce during the conditional status period. These would possibly result in some problems. Like always, the solution is very obvious and if people act decently, intelligently and compassionately there would be no problem, I will give you/her the solution and she will have a thousand reasons to ignore it and insist on causing trouble for herself and others. Why people do this I do not know. But here is the solution;

She should talk <gasp> to her husband and explain the situation and her feelings. She should apologize if this is hurtful but that it never was her intention. She should ask him for his cooperation but if he decides not to help her then she will understand and leave quietly and peacefully. 100 % of American men will understand and cooperate if she has been sincere with him and follows my instructions.

Of course now you will argue with me and give me 1000 reasons why you can't do this. DON'T. We answered your question and that is the end of it. We don't want to hear your whiney pathetic excuses. If you can't do this then you were never sincere to begin with.

END OF STORY. ZIP IT.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
          She will have two strikes against her; an overstay and a divorce during the conditional status period. These would possibly result in some problems. Like always, the solution is very obvious and if people act decently, intelligently and compassionately there would be no problem, I will give you/her the solution and she will have a thousand reasons to ignore it and insist on causing trouble for herself and others. Why people do this I do not know. But here is the solution;

She should talk &lt;gasp&gt; to her husband and explain the situation and her feelings. She should apologize if this is hurtful but that it never was her intention. She should ask him for his cooperation but if he decides not to help her then she will understand and leave quietly and peacefully. 100 % of American men will understand and cooperate if she has been sincere with him and follows my instructions.

Of course now you will argue with me and give me 1000 reasons why you can't do this. DON'T. We answered your question and that is the end of it. We don't want to hear your whiney pathetic excuses. If you can't do this then you were never sincere to begin with.

END OF STORY. ZIP IT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Truth, Honesty Really Does Matter To Most USC! And Most USC Are more Than Happy To Help Honest, Upfront People. "Deciet and Manipulation Destroys All in The End!
          USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

She did not overstay at any time. She had a student visa until she had a conditional green card when she got married. Just to clarify.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32C0eKRQVt8

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNdpv...eature=related

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by orion13:
                  She did not overstay at any time. She had a student visa until she had a conditional green card when she got married. Just to clarify. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Appears that you know more about your friend than a friend knows self.
                  I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

You may not like what I have to say but that does not mean I am wrong.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by whiteUSCNeedsHelp:
                    Appears that you know more about your friend than a friend knows self. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On ILW;

"I have a friend" "my friend" = "me"

Comment

It's funny how everyone assumes that when someone says I have a friend, it means you are talking about yourself. Not the case here, but it really doesn't matter, as long as I get some helpful answers for MY FRIEND. Who happens to be sitting here with me. It's just that I have experience on this board and she does not so I'm writing. If you've read my other posts, you know I'm a USC with a Brazilian boyfriend. But that's not what my German friend and I need help with today.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by orion13:
                        It's funny how everyone assumes that when someone says I have a friend, it means you are talking about yourself. Not the case here, but it really doesn't matter, as long as I get some helpful answers for MY FRIEND. Who happens to be sitting here with me. It's just that I have experience on this board and she does not so I'm writing. If you've read my other posts, you know I'm a USC with a Brazilian boyfriend. But that's not what my German friend and I need help with today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The same Brazilian Boyfriend who flew in on a small plane and didn't go through inspection
                        I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

Comment

That's the one. Unlike my boyfriend, she has done everything legally: visas, married for love, blah blah blah.

So, any information on what my friend can expect if she goes through with a divorce?

Comment

That's the one. Unlike my boyfriend, she has done everything legally: visas, married for love, blah blah blah.

So, any information on what my friend can expect if she goes through with a divorce? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the marriage was in faith and not for the GC, she must have proper documentation to prove it. Either way if she is married or divorced won't really help. She has to remove her conditions on a conditional greencard. If she is divorced prior to that, she will be eligible to file a waiver. If she is not divorced prior to that, then she is screwed.

Comment

How does one "document" love?
                              Have all the good s.ex you can, in all the ways you can, for as long as ever you can !

-- Sabuntium The Great

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed